Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Introduction
- Cervical fusion products are used to join selected bones in the neck (cervical spine). These can be obtained from a bone bank or manmade fusion materials can also be used. The cervical fusion procedure can be carried out through an incision on the front (anterior) or back (posterior) of the neck.
- According to an article published in the International Conference on Spine and Spinal Disorders, between 250,000 and 500,000 people across the globe suffered from a spinal cord injury in 2016. High incidence rate of spinal cord injuries is likely to boost the cervical interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Rise in geriatric population is expected to boost the incidence rate of degenerative disc diseases in this group. This is anticipated to drive the demand for anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) procedures. In turn, this is projected to drive the cervical interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is likely to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. This is anticipated to drive the demand for cervical interbody fusion cages. In turn, this is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to companies operating in the global cervical interbody fusion cages market.
- Most of adults experience back pain at some point in time. The pain or impairment of mobility is observed in as many as 80% of healthy adults between the ages of 30 and 50. Furthermore, people aged 65 and above are likely to be affected by degenerative disc diseases. Thus, large numbers of people are vulnerable to degenerative disc diseases. This offers immense opportunities to the cervical interbody fusion cages market.
- Significant technological developments have taken place in the cervical interbody fusion cages market in the last few years. This has eased the process of performing surgeries, thereby accelerating the process of healing for patients. These technological improvements include usage of new materials for implants and computer-aided fixation of implants.
- Nonsurgical methods are often utilized for treating degenerative disc diseases. These treatment methods include physical therapy and chiropractic treatment along with pain relieving drugs such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). However, surgery becomes inevitable if symptomatic treatments are ineffective and the pain hinders normal activity of a patient. All anterior cervical discectomy & fusion (ACDF) procedures are associated with complications and risks. This could make patients wary of opting for them. These risks can sometimes outweigh the benefits associated with anterior cervical discectomy & fusion surgeries, thereby restraining the market.
Anterior Surgery Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of surgery, the anterior segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018. The segment is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. It is likely to be driven by an increase in surgery for bulging and herniated discs and rise in number of degenerative disc diseases.
- According to the WHO Global Health Observatory, coronary disease is the leading cause of death among people. Its prevalence is increasing in highly populous countries across the globe. Large numbers of deaths due to CVD occur in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Russia.
- Decrease in prices of medical devices by regulatory authorities in countries such as India has enabled the local population to gain access to newer and advanced cervical interbody fusion cages. This offers significant opportunities to the market in Asia Pacific. Geographical expansion by China-based players in India and reimbursement for cervical interbody fusion cages in Japan are likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the market in these countries in the near future.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
Hospital End-user Segment to Lead Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Based on end-user, hospital segment accounted for prominent share of the market in 2018. The segment is estimated to expand due to the increase in volume of procedures, presence of well-equipped healthcare facilities for bulging and herniated discs, and continuous demand for cost-effective interventions. Market share of the segment is estimated to decline by 2027 due to shift from bulging and herniated disc inpatient hospital care to ambulatory care centers.
- The ambulatory surgical centers segment is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the market during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- The global cervical interbody fusion cages market is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches. Key medical devices companies operating in the global market are:
- Benvenue Medical, Inc.
- Aurora Spine, Inc.
- Ulrich Medicals USA
- NuVasive, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Orthofix International, N.V.
- Medtronic, plc
- Zimmer Biomet, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Scope
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Type
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Implant
- Cervical Bone Plate
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Surgery
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.