Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Introduction
- Cervical fusion products are used to join selected bones in the neck (cervical spine). These can be obtained from a bone bank or manmade fusion materials can also be used. The cervical fusion procedure can be carried out through an incision on the front (anterior) or back (posterior) of the neck.
- According to an article published in the International Conference on Spine and Spinal Disorders, between 250,000 and 500,000 people across the globe suffered from a spinal cord injury in 2016. High incidence rate of spinal cord injuries is likely to boost the cervical interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Rise in geriatric population is expected to boost the incidence rate of degenerative disc diseases in this group. This is anticipated to drive the demand for anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) procedures. In turn, this is projected to drive the cervical interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is likely to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. This is anticipated to drive the demand for cervical interbody fusion cages. In turn, this is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to companies operating in the global cervical interbody fusion cages market.
- Most of adults experience back pain at some point in time. The pain or impairment of mobility is observed in as many as 80% of healthy adults between the ages of 30 and 50. Furthermore, people aged 65 and above are likely to be affected by degenerative disc diseases. Thus, large numbers of people are vulnerable to degenerative disc diseases. This offers immense opportunities to the cervical interbody fusion cages market.
- Significant technological developments have taken place in the cervical interbody fusion cages market in the last few years. This has eased the process of performing surgeries, thereby accelerating the process of healing for patients. These technological improvements include usage of new materials for implants and computer-aided fixation of implants.
- Nonsurgical methods are often utilized for treating degenerative disc diseases. These treatment methods include physical therapy and chiropractic treatment along with pain relieving drugs such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). However, surgery becomes inevitable if symptomatic treatments are ineffective and the pain hinders normal activity of a patient. All anterior cervical discectomy & fusion (ACDF) procedures are associated with complications and risks. This could make patients wary of opting for them. These risks can sometimes outweigh the benefits associated with anterior cervical discectomy & fusion surgeries, thereby restraining the market.
Anterior Surgery Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of surgery, the anterior segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018. The segment is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. It is likely to be driven by an increase in surgery for bulging and herniated discs and rise in number of degenerative disc diseases.
- According to the WHO Global Health Observatory, coronary disease is the leading cause of death among people. Its prevalence is increasing in highly populous countries across the globe. Large numbers of deaths due to CVD occur in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Russia.
- Decrease in prices of medical devices by regulatory authorities in countries such as India has enabled the local population to gain access to newer and advanced cervical interbody fusion cages. This offers significant opportunities to the market in Asia Pacific. Geographical expansion by China-based players in India and reimbursement for cervical interbody fusion cages in Japan are likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the market in these countries in the near future.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
Hospital End-user Segment to Lead Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Based on end-user, hospital segment accounted for prominent share of the market in 2018. The segment is estimated to expand due to the increase in volume of procedures, presence of well-equipped healthcare facilities for bulging and herniated discs, and continuous demand for cost-effective interventions. Market share of the segment is estimated to decline by 2027 due to shift from bulging and herniated disc inpatient hospital care to ambulatory care centers.
- The ambulatory surgical centers segment is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the market during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- The global cervical interbody fusion cages market is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches. Key medical devices companies operating in the global market are:
- Benvenue Medical, Inc.
- Aurora Spine, Inc.
- Ulrich Medicals USA
- NuVasive, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Orthofix International, N.V.
- Medtronic, plc
- Zimmer Biomet, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Scope
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Type
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Implant
- Cervical Bone Plate
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Surgery
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.