Centesis Catheter: Introduction
- Centesis catheter has a tapered tip and smooth transitions used to decrease resistance for less patient discomfort. Its various types of needle allow for more accurate placement. Centesis catheter is used in procedures such as paracentesis, thoracentesis, and amniocentesis.
- The two types of centesis catheter available in the market are small-bore centesis catheters and large-bore centesis catheters
Key Drivers of Global Centesis Catheters Market
- Increase in target patient population (particularly patients suffering from TB, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases), rise in preference for image-guided centesis procedure, and surge in evidence on the efficacy of centesis procedures for target diseases are the major factors driving the global centesis catheters market. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and 9.6 million deaths occurred due to cancer in 2018.
- New product launch, strong product pipeline, and high demand for centesis catheters are likely to drive the market during the forecast period. In 2019, Merit Medical launched the ReSolve Mini Locking Drainage Catheter with a 42% smaller pigtail design.
Small-bore to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of type, the global centesis catheters market can be bifurcated into small-bore and large-bore
The small-bore segment accounted for the largest share of the global centesis catheters market in 2019. The segment is expected to dominate the global market due to broad range of products available in the market, increase in number of procedures that require small-bore centesis catheters, and safety and efficacy advantages over large-bore centesis catheters.
Paracentesis Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on procedure type, the global centesis catheters market can be classified into paracentesis, arthrocentesis, thoracentesis, amniocentesis, and other procedures
- The paracentesis segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in the number of patients with gastrointestinal malignancies, cystic fibrosis, liver cirrhosis, intestinal chronic liver failure, tuberculosis, formation of cysts in the peritoneal cavity, and serious forms of hepatitis.
Hospitals to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global centesis catheters market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Hospitals was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period, as most of the surgical procedures for gastrointestinal malignancies, cystic fibrosis, liver cirrhosis, and intestinal chronic liver failure, are performed in these settings. Risk associated with these procedures drives preference for hospital settings.
North America to Dominate Global Centesis Catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global centesis catheters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global centesis catheters market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in number of cardiovascular, neurovascular, and other target procedures performed in the region. Increase in patient pool and well-established health care system drive the market in North America.
- The centesis catheters market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for centesis catheters in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Players Operating in Global Centesis Catheters Market
The global centesis catheters market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- AngioDynamics, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Galt Medical Corp.
- Merit Medical Systems
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Cook Medical
Global Centesis Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Centesis Catheters Market, by Type
- Centesis Catheters Market, by Procedure Type
Global Centesis Catheters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Centesis Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.