Cell Processing Technologies Market: Introduction
- Cell processing involves a series of activities ranging from cells collection from donor, cell extraction till the storage, and cells distribution to receiver for cell therapy. Cell processing includes various processes of cell collection, cell isolation, cell analysis, cell expansion, washing and concentration, preservation, and distribution.
- Cell therapy refers to administering of living whole cells in a patient for treating a disease. Cells origin can be from the same individual, known as autologous source or from another individual, known as allogeneic source. For cell therapy, different types of cells can be used, including hematopoietic stem cells, skeletal muscle cells, embryonic stem cells, neural cells, and mesenchymal cells. Cell therapy is used for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, cancers, infectious and urinary diseases, repairmen of spinal cord injuries, rebuilding damaged cartilage in joints, improvement of a weakened immune system, and aiding patients with neurological disorders.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Cell Processing Technologies Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- Increase in demand for cell therapy, as it is the only curative treatment for several diseases, such as autoimmune disease, cancer, and neural disease. This factor is responsible for growth of the global cell processing technologies market.
- There is a rise in prevalence of various diseases, such as cancer, immune diseases, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease, etc. According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2016, there were an estimated 15.5 million cancer survivors in the U.S. The number of cancer survivors is anticipated to increase to 20.3 million by 2026.
- Personalized medicines or precision medicines with advanced treatments such as gene therapy and cell therapy are witnessing a surge in their adoption, as most of the key biotechnology and pharmaceutical players are heavily investing in these technologies
- Government investments in cell-based researches, rise in the number of GMP-certified production facilities, and increase in clinical trials of various diseases are key factors propelling the growth of the global cell processing technologies market
Key Restraints of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- Cell processing is a complex procedure with high probabilities of failure. Thus, its complexity and accuracy demand technologically advanced and high-tech infrastructure, along with a skilled operating staff. These incur high infrastructural and operating costs, which limit its adoption on a large scale.
- High operating cost also leads to high cell therapy cost to patients. However, at present, the cell therapy is approved for a limited number of conditions, which further limits the usage of cell processing technologies and services
Equipment Segment of Cell Processing Technologies Market to Witness Strong Growth
- Complexity in cell processing steps and accuracy required for procedure has led to the development of advanced automated cell processing systems. Key players have been heavily investing in the development of advanced cell processing systems. Advancements in software for managing these systems are projected to expand the application areas for cell processing units.
- In May 2018, GE Healthcare introduced the Sefia S-2000 cell processing system, which is advanced than its predecessor Sefia S-1000 cell processing system. This advanced system was developed with focus on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
- Investments in CAR-T and other cell and gene therapy products are projected to drive the adoption of cell processing equipment. As the installed base for cell processing systems is projected to surge, the demand for consumables is likely to grow during the forecast period.
- Oncology is projected to be the most promising application area of cell processing technology, considering high investments and ongoing research in cell therapies for cancer treatment and high investment made by key biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in this area
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cell Processing Technologies Market Report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- High adoption of technologically advanced products and R&D investments from public and private sector in life sciences research is likely to drive the North America cell processing technologies market
- High health care expenditure and demand for advanced therapies, such as cell therapy, gene therapy, and personalized medicines and biologics, is projected to drive the demand for cell processing technologies by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Contract research outsourcing for biotechnology and pharmaceutical products to Europe and Asia Pacific companies is likely to augment the cell processing technologies market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key players in the global cell processing technologies market are focusing on research and development activities. Companies are adopting various growth strategies, including mergers, acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches and approvals, partnerships, collaborations, etc. Leading players operating in the global cell processing technologies market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Fresenius Kabi
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- SHIBUYA CORPORATION
- GPB Scientific
- PHC Corporation
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Terumo Corporation
- Biospherix Ltd.
Global Cell Processing Technologies Market: Research Scope
Global Cell Processing Technologies Market, by Product Type
Global Cell Processing Technologies Market, by Application
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Bone Repair
- Neurological Disorders
- Skeletal Muscle Repair
- Immune Diseases
Global Cell Processing Technologies Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Research Institutes
Global Cell Processing Technologies Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.