CEA Antibodies Market: Introduction
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a protein usually produced in developing fetus and disappears or is absent in adults. Production of abnormal amount of CEA protein could lead to cancer. CEA test is performed to measure the level of proteins and check for the recurrence of colon and other cancers in patients already diagnosed with cancer. The normal accepted range of this protein that is non-cancerous in nature is 0 micrograms to 0.25 micrograms per liter of blood. Elevated levels of carcinoembryonic antigen in patients recently treated for cancer, indicates recurrence of the cancer.
- Elevated level of carcinoembryonic antigen leads to different types of cancer and other conditions such as cholecystitis, lung infection, inflammatory bowel diseases, and peptic ulcer. High level of carcinoembryonic antigens is also found in patients who are not diagnosed with cancer. It increases the risk of developing cancer in such patients. Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin), infection, dizziness, and excessive bleeding are some of the risks associated with abnormal level of CEA.
- Abnormal level of CEA in the body can be detected by using arcitumomab, a monoclonal antibody. It is commonly utilized in identification of glycoprotein expression in tissue samples. CEA antibody acts against the CEA and helps treat patients with presence of CEA protein. Hence, this antibody in utilized extensively to treat patients suffering from CEA associated cancers.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global CEA Antibodies Market
- The global CEA antibodies market is projected to witness strong growth during the forecast period due to rise in global cancer patient population. According to Global Cancer Statistics, over 1.9 million new colorectal cancer (including anus) cases and 935,000 deaths were estimated in 2020, accounting for around one in every 10 cancer cases and deaths. Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the U.S., but it is the second in terms of mortality. Several CEA antibody drugs currently available in the market are utilized to treat CEA cancer. Pan CEA and clone II-7 are some of the CEA antibody drugs. Discovery of specific antigens and biomarkers boosts the growth of the global carcinoembryonic antigen antibodies market.
- Continuous technological advancements in CEA antibody drugs are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population propels the global carcinoembryonic antigen antibodies market. This is because the geriatric population is at higher risk of developing CEA associated cancers. The World Health Organization has estimated that the global geriatric population will reach 2 billion by 2050. However, lack of awareness and availability of novel technological solutions are expected to hamper the growth of the global CEA antibodies market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the global economy at different levels, including the healthcare industry. The global market is likely to witness a steep decline in sales of CEA antibody drugs during the lockdown period due to the shutdown of manufacturing units, acute shortages in raw materials, and a lack of potential workforce. Production and supply chain activities have faced significant disruptions due to outbreak of COVID pandemic. However, the market is projected to recover gradually, providing attractive sales opportunities in several regions in the near future.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global CEA Antibodies Market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global CEA antibodies market in terms of revenue during the forecast period due to acceptance of products among diagnostic labs and technicians. Increase in incidence and prevalence of various types of cancer among the middle-aged and elderly populations are expected to boost the growth of the market in North America. Increase in investments by large players toward biomarker discovery and development of novel companion diagnostics tests augments the market in North America.
- The CEA antibodies market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in prevalence of chronic diseases. Asia Pacific is home to more than a billion people and represents a large pool of patients suffering from life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular and cancer. This presents lucrative opportunities to the players in the CEA antibodies market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global CEA Antibodies Market
The global CEA antibodies market is highly competitive and dominated by a small number of companies. Major players operating in the global CEA antibodies market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Siemens Healthineers
- Myriad Genetics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- BioVision, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Genway Biotech, Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global CEA Antibodies Market: Research Scope
Global CEA Antibodies Market, by Application
- Colorectal Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Global CEA Antibodies Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
Global CEA Antibodies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.