Catheter Introducer: Introduction
- A catheter refers to a thin tube inserted in the human body for performing a surgical procedure or during the treatment of several diseases.
- A catheter introducer is a wire guide that is used to insert the catheter. Once the catheter is inserted, the catheter introducer is withdrawn from the body.
- In the healthcare sector, catheters are employed in numerous medical procedures including cardiac electrophysiology, neurosurgery, and angioplasty. Thus, these are considered an integral part of the healthcare industry worldwide.
- The catheter introducer has an overall length of around 46 cm, and it is made from stainless steel
- Catheter introducers are designed with surgical grade and premium stainless steel and can be sterilized using regular sterilization techniques
- Depending on the purpose of use, catheters are classified as urological, cardiovascular, neurovascular, ophthalmic, and gastrointestinal catheters
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Catheter Introducer Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to drive the global catheter introducer market during the forecast period
- A large population is suffering from cardiovascular, neurological, and other disorders that lead to hospitalization. In case of chronic disorders, hospitalization is associated with catheterization. An article published by CamStent Ltd. stated that among all hospitalized patients in the U.S. more than 25% receive urinary catheterization for proper bladder drainage each year.
- A report published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services revealed that 13 million individuals suffer from urinary incontinence each year. Urinary incontinence is more prevalent in women than men; 10% to 30% in women as compared to 1.5% to 5% in men. An estimated 17% women and 16% men above the age of 18 years suffer from overactive bladder (OAB), and around 12.2 million individuals suffer from urge incontinence.
- Thus, an increase in patient population with chronic diseases is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
Cardiac Catheter Introducers to be Highly Attractive Segment of Global Catheter Introducer Market
- In terms of type, the global catheter introducer market can be classified into cardiac catheter introducers, urethral catheter introducers, and others
- The cardiac catheter introducers segment is projected to dominate the global catheter introducer market during the forecast period due to an increase in patient population suffering from cardiovascular diseases
- According to WHO, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the number one cause of death globally
- An estimated 17.7 million people died from CVDs in 2015, which represents nearly 31% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, an estimated 7.4 million were due to coronary heart disease and 6.7 million were due to stroke.
North America to Dominate Global Catheter Introducer Market
- In terms of region, the global catheter introducer market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global catheter introducer market during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the catheter introducer market in the region is attributed to high awareness, significant healthcare spending in the overall national budget, early availability of advanced technologies, and high penetration of research activities across the region
- However, the catheter introducer market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- An article published in NCBI stated that cardiovascular diseases is the main cause of mortality in India. Ischemic heart diseases and stroke cause over 80% deaths among CVD population in India. According to WHO, 1 in 5 adults in China suffers from cardiovascular diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Catheter Introducer Market
Key players operating in the global catheter introducer market are:
- Advin Health Care
- ATP Medical Inc.
- Aporte Médico S.A.S
- Bosco Medical Australia Pty Ltd
- Vitality Medical
- MEDIKIT CO., LTD.
- Lepu Medical Technology ( Beijing ) Co., Ltd
Global Catheter Introducer Market: Research Scope
Global Catheter Introducer Market, by Type
- Cardiac Catheter Introducers
- Urethral Catheter Introducers
Global Catheter Introducer Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Catheter Introducer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.