Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market: Introduction
- Cat-scratch disease (CSD) is an infection caused by cats. The disease transmits when an infected cat licks an open wound on a human or either scratches the person hard enough to break the surface of the skin. The mild infection could evolve at the surface of the scratch or bite. The infected area may appear reddish & swollen along with raised lesions and can have pus. A person with cat-scratch disease may suffer from headache, poor appetite, fever, and exhaustion. Simultaneously, the person's lymph nodes closer to the original scratch or bite could become tender or painful.
- CSD is caused by a bacterium also known as Bartonella henselae. Around 40% of cats carry B. henselae throughout their lives; however, most cats with this infection show no symptoms of illness. Usually, kittens younger than 1 year are more prone to suffer with B. henselae infection and to spread the germ to the people residing with them.
- The cat scratch disease (CSD) treatment market can be segmented based on therapy, diagnosis, end-user, and region. Based on therapy, the market can be categorized into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), antibiotics, and others. The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) drug segment includes Ibuprofen and naproxen. While the antibiotics segment includes azithromycin, clarithromycin, rifampin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and ciprofloxacin. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, pharmacies, & veterinary hospitals. The cat scratch disease (CSD) can be diagnosed by Fluorescence assay (IFA), Enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA) and Lymph node biopsy.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market
- Increasing efforts by pharmaceutical companies for the development of novel drug therapies to treat cat scratch diseases is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period
- Demand for antibiotics is rising at a rapid pace due to a rise in cases of cat scratch disease. Increase in disease burden is further compelling government bodies to invest in R&D initiatives and fuel the development of novel antibiotics therapy and supportive regulatory policies to propel the approval process along with research funding. For instance, BARDA, in collaboration with the U.S. government has extended its support to various companies to support the development process of new therapies for cat scratch disease.
- Pharmaceutical companies are entering into collaborations for the development of new therapies to reduce the cost burden of the drug development process. However, rising cases of multidrug-resistance bacterial infections may hamper the market.
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period owing to the higher consumption of antibiotics, increase in the prevalence of cat scratch diseases, and a rise in government initiatives to develop novel drug therapies to treat cat scratch infections. Moreover, the presence of key players is further boosting the market in the region. India and China are significant markets for antibiotics in the region. Unregulated sales along with excessive consumption of antibiotics are key factors propelling the market in these nations.
- North America followed Europe, in terms of share, of the global market in 2020. The market in North America is highly regulated and offers well-developed healthcare infrastructure. Rise in cases of infectious diseases and healthcare expenditure by governments in the region is a major factor driving the market in North America. The U.S. government is undertaking numerous measures, involving antibiotic stewardship initiatives along with promoting the R&D activities of innovative therapies, to control cat scratch diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market
The global cat scratch disease (CSD) treatment market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global cat scratch disease (CSD) treatment market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Allergan Plc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis International AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Fluorescence assay (IFA)
- Enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA)
- Lymph node biopsy
Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market, by Therapy
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Veterinary hospitals
Global Cat Scratch Disease (CSD) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.