Cast-resin Transformer: Introduction
- Cast-resin transformers are power transformers that have windings encased in epoxy resin that makes the installation process easier, as they do not require cooling oil and they are dry.
- Cast-resin transformers are also known as dry-type transformers.
- These transformers are used in numerous applications and they can be installed both indoors & outdoors. They are designed in such a way that they can be used in outdoor applications, where weatherproofing is required, and mounted on a skid frame.
- Use of cast-resin transformers can be attributed to their various benefits such as the minimal risk of fire, no requirement for cooling liquids, easier maintenance, low operating costs, and a layer of epoxy that protects it from dust and corrosion.
- Cast-resin transformers are segmented by type (naturally-cooled, forced-air-cooled), phase (single-phase, three-phase), voltage (low voltage, medium voltage), application (hospitals, roadways, mines, nuclear plants, oil and gas plants, others), and region.
Rise in Demand for Use in Industrial Applications
- The industrial application segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the cast-resin transformer market during the forecast period due to the increasing demand for these transformers for electricity and machinery purposes from various end-use industries such as mining, oil & gas, nuclear power plants, hospitals, marine, and others.
- Some of the properties of cast-resin transformers such as the minimal risk of fire, no requirement for cooling liquids, easier maintenance, low operating costs, and a layer of epoxy that protects it from dust and corrosion also propels its use in various end-use industries, especially where fire safety is important, such as oil & gas, mining, nuclear power plants, and the marine industry.
- The three-phase cast-resin transformer segment holds the second largest share of the cast-resin transformer market due to the extensive use of three-phase cast-resin transformers in various electricity applications.
- Factors driving the growth of the cast-resin transformer market include increasing safety awareness, low installation and overall cost of the product, and advantages of cast-resin transformers over old-style oil-filled transformers. Low losses in the magnetic core and windings reduces operational cost. Materials used for the production of cast-resin transformers are hardly inflammable. Moreover, no cooling liquids are required. Cast-resin transformers are increasingly used where safety is crucial, such as hospitals, public premises, airports, subway lines, mines, oil rigs, nuclear power plants, and ships.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Cast-resin Transformer Market
- In terms of region, the global cast-resin transformer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global cast-resin market throughout the forecast period, due to the high industrialization rate in the region and new electrification projects in industrial, commercial, and infrastructure sectors in the region.
- Moreover, various manufacturers in China, India, Japan, Taiwan, and other countries of Asia Pacific are exporting the end product to various other countries worldwide.
- North America is expected to hold the second largest share of the cast-resin transformer market during the forecast period since growth potential of renewable energy in the US is high and because of growing electricity demand in the US and Canada.
- The cast-resin transformer market in Europe and South America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, Middle East & Africa is estimated to witness slow growth rate in the market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Cast-resin Transformer Market
The global cast-resin transformer market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for cast-resin transformers. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global cast-resin transformer market are listed below:
- General Electric
- Eaton Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Fuji Electric
- Siemens AG
- Hammond Power Solutions
- Nexans Maroc
- Voltamp Transformers
- PI. CAST-RESIN
- Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Cast-resin Transformer Market, Request for a Sample
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market, by Type
- AN (Naturally-cooled) Type
- AF (Forced-air-cooled) Type
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market, by Phase
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market, by Voltage
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market, by Application
Global Cast-resin Transformer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.