Carvedilol Drug Market: Introduction
Carvedilol is a non-selective adrenergic blocker used in clinically stable individuals to treat heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF), hypertension, and left ventricular dysfunction after a myocardial infarction (MI). Carvedilol's off-label uses include stable angina, atrial fibrillation, cirrhotic esophageal variceal hemorrhage prevention, and ventricular arrhythmias. This exercise examines the mechanism of action, adverse event profile, toxicity, dosage, pharmacodynamics, and monitoring of carvedilol, which is important for clinicians and other members of the inter-professional team in order to use carvedilol appropriately for the specified conditions.
Global Carvedilol Drug Market: Drivers, Retrains, and Trends
- Increase in patient pool of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) is one of the primary factors driving the global carvedilol drug market. Sedentary lifestyles, junk food intake, and mental stress are all linked to the development of CVDs.
- According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death globally in 2019, accounting for an estimated 17.9 million deaths each year. Hence, the large target population is projected to boost the growth of the global carvedilol drug market. Increase in the geriatric population also contributes to the rise in CVD cases globally.
- Surge in number of patients suffering from hypertension is also anticipated to drive the global carvedilol drug market
- However, rigorous regulations and side effects of cardiovascular medications are expected to hamper the growth of the global carvedilol drug market. Moreover, patent expiration of several blockbuster medications is likely to restrain the global carvedilol drug market. Increase in mergers and acquisitions among pharmaceutical firms and new product launches are the key factors driving the global carvedilol drug market.
- According to the WHO, cardiovascular diseases accounted for 17.7 million deaths in 2015. Increase in government initiatives to improve awareness about various types of cardiovascular diseases and rise in R&D spending for innovative cardiovascular medicines, are projected to boost market growth. Moreover, changes in lifestyle have increased the prevalence of obesity, which has led to a surge in the global incidence of cardiovascular diseases. However, the difficult regulatory clearance procedure for medicines, high treatment cost, and adverse effects associated with cardiovascular treatments hamper market growth.
- Mergers and acquisitions, product launches, and partnerships are the strategies adopted by leading players to retain their leadership positions. In February 2019, Amgen, Cytokinetics, and Servier launched METEORIC-HF, the second phase III clinical study of omecamtiv mecarbil in heart failure patients.
- Universities and educational institutions are working with the industry to produce viable medicines for the treatment of heart failure. For example, Yale University has undertaken a phase II clinical research in collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim, a modest pilot proof of concept study to not only show the existence of, but also probe the mechanism.
- Carvedilol, a beta-blocker, has been proven in in-vitro and in-vivo to inhibit skin carcinogenesis. Researchers created a carvedilol-loaded transfersome for skin-targeted administration, as systemic absorption of the beta-blocker could cause cardiovascular problems. Transfersomes were created and described by varying the ratios of phospholipids and surfactants. These findings suggest that transfersome is a potential carvedilol topical administration method for reducing UV-induced skin damage and carcinogenesis.
North America held Major Share of Global Carvedilol Drug Market
North America dominated the global carvedilol drug market in 2020. This is attributed to higher awareness about various cardiac problems in the region. The U.S. was the largest market for cardiovascular medicines in North America, followed by Canada. Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, and France account for major share of the carvedilol drug market in Europe. However, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next five years. This is because a number of companies are establishing R&D centers in the region. Less restrictive salaries and the availability of trained personnel induce manufacturers to invest in the region. Moreover, rise in awareness drives the carvedilol drug market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players in Global Carvedilol Drug Market
- Novartis AG
- AstraZeneca plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Mylan N.V.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Other Players
Global Carvedilol Drug Market: Research Scope
Global Carvedilol Drug Market, by Product Type
Global Carvedilol Drug Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Carvedilol Drug Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.