Carpet Backing Material Market
Carpet Backing Material Market (Product Type: Primary Backing, Secondary Backing, and Bonding Agents; Carpet Type: Hand Woven Carpets, Tufted Carpets, Needle Felt Carpets, and Others; and Application: Residential and Commercial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Companies Aim to Boost Production Capacity and Improve Quality of Carpet Backings
Over the past couple of decades, innovations within the carpet backing material market have come at a relatively modest pace. However, over the past few years, players operating in the current carpet backing material market are increasingly focusing on the production of greener and sustainable carpet backing materials that play an important role in improving the overall performance of the carpet. Several companies in the current market landscape are focusing on increasing their production capacities via new investments as well as product innovation to gain an edge. Technological innovations have played an important role in enhancing the quality of finished products such as improvement in pattern definition as well as the tuft bind.
Some of the major innovations in the carpet industry coupled with marketing strategies have emerged as catalysts that have promoted the importance of carpet components, including carpet backing due to which, the demand for carpet backing materials is expected to move in the upward trajectory during the forecast period. In addition, as carpet backing materials impact the overall performance and quality of the carpet, they also play an imperative role in influencing the purchasing preference of consumers. At the back of these factors, along with a surge in demand for carpet backing materials for a myriad of applications in commercial and residential buildings, the global carpet backing material market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 11 Bn by the end of 2027.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Consumer Demand for Sustainable Carpet Alternatives to Boost Market Growth
Innovations and technological advancements within the carpet backing material market predominantly focus on the production of sustainable carpets. In their efforts to churn out sustainable products, multiple companies are increasingly focusing on the choice of materials being deployed to manufacture carpet backings. The demand for carpet backing materials is on the rise, as carpet backings are increasingly being used to minimize noise, maximize softness, and enhance the insulation of carpets.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
As sustainability continues to remain a key aspect that is likely to influence the production of new carpet backings, in recent years, spunlaid polyester nonwovens have emerged as an ideal carpet backing material, owing to improved stability it offers. In addition, the advent of advanced digital printing technology is expected to boost the production of carpet backings due to which, the market for carpet backing materials is anticipated to witness considerable growth. Companies operating in the current market landscape are largely focused on the development of new products while minimizing their carbon footprint. Bio-based materials are gradually gaining popularity within the carpet backing material market and the adoption of the same is likely to grow during the assessment period.
The material science space has evolved at a rapid pace particularly in the past couple of decades due to which, new carpet backing materials that are carbon-negative have gained considerable popularity. The advent of these materials is expected to provide a significant boost to the demand for carpet backing materials in the upcoming years due to which, the global carpet backing material market is expected to witness a consistent growth. Vertical integration is a common practice across large-scale carpet mills wherein the acquisition of backing companies to improve production is on the rise. The carpet backing material market largely hinges its hopes on the demand for carpets. The competition within the carpet backing material market is increasing at a rapid pace, particularly in the Middle East, owing to the surge in a number of players dealing with polypropylene carpet backings.
Exports Likely to Decline amidst COVID-19 Crisis, Market Players to Focus on Product Diversification
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the global carpet backing material market particularly in 2020 and 2021. Exports are anticipated to take a major hit in the first half of 2020, as trade regulations amidst the global pandemic are likely to put forward major supply chain challenges for companies in the current market landscape. Job losses across labor-intensive sectors, including carpet backing materials, are likely as the demand for carpet backing materials is projected to hit an all-time low. Market players are thus, expected to focus on product diversification and value addition to ensure they can sustain themselves after recovering from the pandemic.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Carpet Backing Material Market, ask for a customized report
The global carpet backing material market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be attributed to a significant rise in the number of construction activities, particularly in the Middle East and the Asia Pacific. The rise in demand for carpets across residential and commercial sectors worldwide is anticipated to play an imperative role in influencing the growth of the market for carpet backing materials during the forecast period. Companies should focus on the development of sustainable, cost-effective, and high-quality carpet backings using carbon-negative materials to gain an advantage.
Carpet Backing Material Market: Overview
- Carpets are produced by weaving, knotting, knitting, stitching/stitch-bonding, adhesive bonding, and electrostatic flocking. Synthetic fibers (polyacrylonitrile, polyamide, and polyester) and wool are used for soft hair carpets; mohair, goat hair, and cotton are also utilized for these purposes. These are joined with different materials for backing. Each face fiber offers different quality and characteristics such as wear, feel, stain resistance, and flammability. Sometimes, face fibers are mixed in order to create different feel, look, or other characteristics. Carpets can be manufactured either as needled, woven, tufted, and other carpets. Additionally, carpets are made in forms of vehicular, broadloom, and carpet tiles. Tufted is a commonly used carpet.
- Carpet consists of two layers of carpet backing material: primary backing and secondary backing. Primary and secondary carpet backing materials are glued together. Fibers are composed of small threads. Carpets are made using synthetic fibers in the U.S.
- In terms of value, the global carpet backing material market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period to reach ~US$ 11 Bn by 2027
- North America was the prominent region of the global carpet backing material market in 2018. The carpet backing material market in the region is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 4.5% between 2019 and 2027.
- North America is one of the key producers and consumers of carpet backing material across the globe, owing to the increase in adoption of various carpet products in the region. The U.S. is a vital consumer of carpets as well as carpet backing material in North America, led by the presence of key players in the country.
- Increase in demand for carpets in residential and non-residential applications is another prominent factor anticipated to drive the carpet backing material market during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Carpets in Residential and Non-residential Sectors
- Based on product type, primary backing was the major product type segment accounting for more than 60% share of the global carpet backing material market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominance in the global carpet backing material market between 2019 and 2027. Primary carpet backing material is a pre-formed, tear-resistant woven or non-woven polypropylene fabric into which yarn is tufted or stitched in order to make carpets.
- Primary carpet backing material exhibits particularly low shrinkage at high temperatures in order to prevent carpet shrinking or becoming wavy when coated with latex
Rise in Demand for Tufted Carpets in Various End-use Applications
- Based on carpet type, tufted carpets was the major segment with more than 70% share of the global carpet backing material market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominance between 2019 and 2027. The manufacturing process of tufted carpets is completely different from that of woven carpets.
- Tufted carpets are also preferred for wall-to-wall carpeting. They are used widely for carpeting rooms of homes and offices, particularly in cold environments.
Increase in Demand for Carpets in Residential Application
- In terms of application, residential was a highly lucrative segment of the global carpet backing material market in 2018. This trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. Carpets are widely employed in the residential new flooring and replacement sector. The segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The new residential sector is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Increase in residential and commercial construction activities across the globe is projected to boost the demand for carpets. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the adoption of carpet backing material in the near future. Rise in demand for carpet products for usage in commercial applications, especially in offices and hospitals, is likely to augment the demand for carpets. This, in turn, is expected to propel the carpet backing material market during the forecast period.
Key Regional Highlights of Carpet Backing Material Market
- In terms of volume, North America constituted major share of the global carpet backing material market in 2018. Demand for primary backing in the region is anticipated to increase during the forecast period, due to rapid growth in the carpet industry. The market in North America is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the rise in demand for carpet materials in the infrastructure development sector in the region.
- Increase in demand for carpet in North America is driven by the increase in requirement of new buildings in the commercial sector and growth in renovation activities in the region. Furthermore, growth in demand for carpets in commercial applications such as hotels, hospitals, and public infrastructure in North America is boosting the carpet backing material market in the region.
Carpet Backing Material Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities for carpet backing material in order to meet the demand for carpet backing material in the building & construction sector
- Key players operating in the global carpet backing material market are
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Interface, Inc.
- Wacker Chemie AG,
- Balta Industries NV
- The Dow Chemical Company,
- Associated Weavers Europe NV/SA
- Amtico International
- Ege Carpets
- Beaulieu Technical Textiles
- Continental Flooring Company
- HIGASHI KAGAKU
- J+J Flooring Group
- Feltex Carpets Pty Ltd.
- Carpet & Rug Backing (CRB)
Carpet Backing Material Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the carpet backing material market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the carpet backing material market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the carpet backing material market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the carpet backing material market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PEST analysis, and regulatory scenario of the carpet backing material market in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in Carpet Backing Material Market Report
- How much revenue is the carpet backing material market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global carpet backing material market?
- What are the key indicators expected to drive the carpet backing material market?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the carpet backing material market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements in the carpet backing material market?
This report answers these questions about the carpet backing material market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Carpet Backing Material Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the carpet backing material market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the carpet backing material market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the carpet backing material market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the carpet backing material market, with both the bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the carpet backing material market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the carpet backing material market is set to grow are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Carpet Backing Material Market – Segmentation
This report on the carpet backing material market provides information based on product type, carpet type, application, and region.
Hand Woven Carpets
Needle Felt Carpets
Others (including Non-woven)
Playgroups & Schools
Others (including Public Infrastructure and Commercial Complex)
Middle East & Africa