Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market
Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market (Product Type: Automatic Proximal Anastomotic Devices and Manual Proximal Anastomotic Devices; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Specialty Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Triage Classification System Gains Importance for Urgent Care During COVID-19 Crisis
The coronavirus has exposed the vulnerability of healthcare systems. Given the extensive perioperative and postoperative care procedures involving blood products, anesthesia staff, and ICU (Intensive Care Unit) care, healthcare advisors are suggesting a triage classification system. This classification can help to prioritize patients in need of urgent care, since healthcare facilities in many regions continue to be compromised. Such measures are reviving growth of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
Patients undergoing cardiac surgery are a unique population in this COVID-19 epidemic, owing to the risk of exposure to highly invasive, aerosol?generating procedures (AGP), and prolonged hospitalization stay. Hence, manufacturers in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are maintaining robust supply chains to meet the demands of clinicians.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market
Clampless Proximal Anastomosis Devices Help Overcome Challenges in Cardiac Surgery
The cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market is expected to reach US$ 23.6 Mn by 2030. However, it has been found that porcelain or shaggy ascending aortas are considered to be challenging in the cardiac surgery despite the availability of cardiopulmonary bypass and hybrid aortic arch debranching. Hence, healthcare companies are increasing awareness about clampless proximal anastomosis.
Companies in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are increasing the availability of clampless proximal anastomosis devices meant for small aortic approaches. Surgeons are using this device to treat patients who previously underwent aortic surgery.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Safe Mechanism of Clampless Anastomosis Device Being Preferred in Operating Rooms
Manufacturers in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are innovating in products that minimize aortic manipulation during on and off pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG). Vascular Graft Solutions - a company focused on improving the outcome of bypass surgery, has gained FDA (Food & Drug Administration) approval for its Viola clampless anastomosis device, which helps cardiac surgeons to perform protected, clean, and dry proximal anastomosis without partial clamping the aorta.
Reliable design and safe mechanism of clampless anastomosis device are being preferred by cardiac surgeons. Med-tech companies are boosting their R&D to create devices that address one of the biggest unmet needs in CABG, which is vein graft failure and perioperative neurological complications. Hence, companies are accommodating integrated punching mechanism and excellent sealing quality in clampless anastomosis devices to help perform multiple anastomosis with a single device.
Proximal Anastomotic Devices Acquire Popularity as Quick Solution for Saphenous Vein-Aortic Anastomosis
The cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market is slated to clock a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the assessment period. Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (OPCABG) is considered as the gold standard for cardiac surgeries and is most effective in minimally invasive surgeries to avoid injury of multiple organ malfunction caused by cardiopulmonary bypass. OPCABG has helped to reduce incidence of postoperative neurological complications caused by aortic intubation.
Proximal anastomotic devices are gaining popularity as a safe, simple, and quick solution for saphenous vein-aortic anastomosis. Med-tech companies in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are benefitting from this, since these devices have paved the way for better outcomes in cardiac surgery.
Robotics Simplify Internal Mammary Artery Harvesting During Coronary Artery Bypass
Med-tech companies in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are unlocking growth opportunities with robotic surgical systems. Since robotics is still in its early development stage for cardiac surgery, these systems are being used for minimally invasive technique in coronary bypass surgery. It has been found that robotic assistance simplifies internal mammary artery harvesting during robot-assisted direct coronary artery bypass by minimizing rip spreading.
Robotic surgical systems are enabling the meticulous manipulation of the internal mammary artery harvesting through visual magnification of the surgical field. Thus, robotics is translating into future incremental opportunities for companies in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market
The triage classification system helps to know a patient’s preoperative COVID-19 status, which may help in postoperative management and counseling, owing to high prevalence of asymptomatic coronavirus. Automated proximal anastomotic devices (APAD) are being publicized as non-invasive and innovative alternative for the creation of proximal anastomoses. However, it has been found that APAD does not entirely prevent the risk of neurological events and mortality. Hence, companies in the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market should gain a strong research base for APAD and increase awareness about its advantages such as satisfactory one-year graft patency and low incidence of major adverse cardiovascular events.
Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market for the historical year 2018 and forecast period 2020–2030, surge in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and rise in technological advancements in treatment therapies are projected to drive the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market was valued at US$ 12.9 Mn in 2019. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2020 to 2030.
Rise in Prevalence of Cancer: Key Driver
- Smoking has also been identified as one of the causes of coronary heart disease across the globe. According to The Tobacco Atlas, about 5.7 trillion cigarettes were smoked worldwide in 2016, which is likely to reach between 6.7 trillion and 6.8 trillion by 2020.
- Increase in the number of people adopting sedentary lifestyle, along with smoking and tobacco & alcohol consumption, and an unbalanced diet is anticipated to boost the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cardiovascular diseases account for nearly 17.9 million deaths every year, which is estimated to be 31% of all global deaths. This makes cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) the leading cause of death around the world.
- Coronary heart disease is a highly common type of heart disease, killing 365,914 people in 2017, which makes it a leading cause of death in the U.S.
- According to CDC, 18.2 million adults aged 20 and older have CAD (about 6.7%) in the U.S. Of every 10 deaths, two occur from CAD in adults less than 65 years old. Rise in prevalence of coronary artery disease (CAD) is projected to fuel the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market during the forecast period.
- Aging is a key factor responsible for hypertension and high cholesterol. This is likely to increase the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in the elderly population.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), population aged 60 years and above is projected to rise from 900 million in 2015 to 2000 million in 2050
- Increase in geriatric population leads to a surge in incidence of age-related problems such as cardiovascular diseases, and also other conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension, which leads to cardiovascular diseases
Technological Advancements in Treatment Therapies to Boost Market
- Continuous technological developments in the cardiovascular devices segment with respect to higher efficiency and efficacy have widened the scope of device manufacturing
- Technologically advanced anastomosis devices would eliminate major risks that occur during surgical procedures such as reducing aortic manipulation and consequently, the potential risk of neurological events
- Benefits provided by these devices are that they require less operating time, offer convenience to surgeons, reduced exposure to anesthesia, and minimum probability of blood leaks
- Industry players are extensively focusing on R&D to provide innovative solutions. For instance, MAQUET Cardiovascular, which is now subsidiary of Getinge AB, has developed Heartstring Proximal Seal System that facilitates hand suturing among aorta and coronary bypass channel without clamping, which results in lower risks of neurological complications and lower mortality.
High Cost of Anastomosis Devices and Availability of Alternative Treatments to Hamper Market
- The cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market is technology driven. Introduction of new technologies in the market increases the demand for these devices due to improved efficiency and outcomes. However, high pricing of these new devices leads to affordability issues, which restrains the market, especially in developing regions.
- Cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices are witnessing less demand due to high cost in developing countries and lack of skilled/trained manpower
- Unfavorable insurance coverage for cardiovascular devices results in less affordability among the patient population
- Hence, high cost of cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices is likely to hamper the market
- Physicians and patients may select a variety of treatments to address coronary artery disease, with the selection often depending on the stage and severity of the disease and the age of the patient
- In addition to changes in patient lifestyle, such as smoking cessation, weight reduction, diet changes, and exercise programs, the principal existing treatments for coronary artery disease include the following:
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, commonly referred to as balloon angioplasty, is a surgical procedure that involves the dilation of the obstructed artery with a balloon catheter. During an angioplasty, the surgeon maneuvers a flexible balloon catheter to the site of the blockage in the coronary artery, inflates the balloon, compressing the plaque and stretching the artery wall to create a larger channel for blood flow.
Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Medtronic plc
- Getinge AB
- Péters Surgical
Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are engaged in regulatory approvals, development of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market over the next few years. Few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market are:
- In March 2019, Medtronic plc signed a definitive agreement to acquire EPIX Therapeutics, Inc., which engages in the design and manufacture of novel, catheter-based, temperature-controlled cardiac ablation system for the treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- In November 2018, after three years of acquisition of stake in Gurgaon-based Stericat, Péters Surgical invested over EUR 5 Mn to expand its existing manufacturing facility in India
- In October 2018, Atrium Medical Corporation, a subsidiary of Getinge AB, divested its biosurgery business to HJ Capital 1, the parent company of SeCQure Surgical Corporation
- In February 2018, Aesculap announced the asset acquisition of Dextera Surgical, Inc. Dextera specializes in the design, manufacture, and marketing of proprietary medical devices for surgical procedures, including surgical staplers and innovative devices for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
- In June 2013, Eurazeo PME acquired Péters Surgical, the world's fourth-largest surgical suture specialist, from UI Gestion, based on an enterprise value of approximately EUR 45 Mn. Eurazeo PME is expected to own nearly 90% of the share capital alongside senior management.
- The report on the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of treatment providers of cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
Global Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market. Key players operating in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies present in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market?
- Will Unites States continue to be the most profitable market for cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the key companies in the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market?
TMR has utilized a unique research methodology to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market with accuracy. the study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global cardiovascular proximal anastomosis devices market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Rest of World
Global Cardiovascular Proximal Anastomosis Devices Market - Segmentation