Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market: Introduction
- Heart disease develops when the blood vessels of the heart are either diseased or damaged. This results in fatty deposits in the arteries called plaque. Plaque can lead to either clot of blood or block blood vessels. Heart diseases can lead to several health issues such as problems of heart rhythm, congestive heart failure, or a heart attack. Any of these diseases is capable of causing death. Hence, treatment of such conditions of heart is of utmost importance.
- For the treatment of such heart conditions, a doctor is likely to advice substantial changes in the lifestyle of a person along with intake of certain medications. Changes in lifestyle include exercising, avoiding oily & fatty food products, and maintaining a regular diet. The medications that doctors advise for heart diseases comprise Sular (nisoldipine), Vascor (bepridil), Lotrel (amlodipine), Toprol XL (metoprolol), Lopressor, Zebeta (bisoprolol), Sectral (acebutolol), Coumadin (warfarin), and heparin.
Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market: Key Trends
- Cardiovascular diseases can be treated or prevented through the intake of daily dose of medicines and strictly adhering to a certain lifestyle. The drugs that are used for the treatment of heart conditions either increase the supply of oxygen to the heart or better the pumping capacity of the heart. Hypertension is another medical condition that contributes to the increase in intake of cardiovascular drugs. The demand for drugs for hypertension such as Tracleer and Letairis has increased manifold compared to existing calcium channel blockers, beta blockers, and diuretics. A significant rise in adoption of these drugs is projected to boost the growth of the global cardiovascular disease drugs market in the next few years.
- The world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19. The global cardiovascular disease drugs market has witnessed strong growth during the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is anticipated to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for cardiovascular disease drugs.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global cardiovascular disease drugs market from 2021 to 2031. This is attributed to favorable regulatory environment, rise in focus and interest in cardiovascular disease drugs, and government funding for research on life sciences. Additionally, rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases fuels the growth of the cardiovascular disease drugs market in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in research & developmental activities, increase in government initiatives for improving health care, and surge in focus of key players in building or strengthening presence in the region. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be driven by rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and increase in research & development, especially on cardiovascular drugs.
Key Players Operating in Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market
Key players hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global cardiovascular disease drugs market.
Major players operating in the global cardiovascular disease drugs market are:
- United Therapeutics Corporation
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Other prominent players
Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market, by Drug Type
- Antiplatelet Drugs
Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market, by Indication
- Coronary Artery Disease
Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Cardiovascular Disease Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.