Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment: Major support system for heart and lungs during bypass surgery
- The cardiopulmonary bypass system is a medical device or technology that takes over the function of the heart and lungs temporarily during cardiac surgery. The cardiopulmonary bypass system helps maintain blood circulation and the flow of oxygen within the body.
- The cardiopulmonary bypass system is utilized during open heart surgery owing to the difficulty of operating on a beating heart. Cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment carry out the functions of the lungs and the heart (maintains oxygen and blood circulation in the body) during coronary bypass surgery.
- The system primarily consists of two major components, the pump and the oxygenator, which remove oxygen-deprived blood from a patient's body and replace it with oxygen-rich blood through a series of hoses.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment act as a support system for the heart and lungs of the patient during surgery and hence, it is also called a heart-lung machine
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market
- Increase in geriatric population and a rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases across the world are major factors driving the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO), every year around 17.9 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases globally, which constitutes an estimated 31% of all deaths worldwide
- Launch of advanced products for coronary bypass surgery and favorable reimbursement policies are also major factors propelling the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- Various awareness campaigns by government & non-government organizations for cardiovascular diseases and rise in the number of organ transplantation surgeries are other key factors fuelling the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Product recalls hamper the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- Safety issues associated with certain products in recent years have prompted regulatory bodies to recall some products used for coronary bypass surgery, which in turn is estimated to hamper the market
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies in less developed and developing countries are also projected to restrain the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
Double Roller Pump: A highly popular product type segment
- Based on product type, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be bifurcated into single roller pump and double roller pump
- The double roller pump segment is estimated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period due to cost-effectiveness, ease of maintenance & operation, and better safety profile of double roller pumps
Cardiac surgery dominant application segment
- In terms of application, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be divided into cardiac surgery, acute respiratory failure treatment, lung transplant operation, and others
- The cardiac surgery segment dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market owing to a rise in prevalence of cardiac diseases, increase in number of open heart surgeries, and launch of advanced products for cardiac surgery
Hospitals end-user segment held major share
- Based on end-user, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, dialysis centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market owing to a rise in hospital patient admissions for cardiac surgeries, better reimbursement policies, and availability of advanced products
North America to Lead Global Market for Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment
- In terms of region, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market in 2019 due to higher prevalence of cardiac diseases, rise in funding for cardiovascular disease research, favorable reimbursement policies, and presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, the American Heart Association estimated that 121.5 million adults had cardiovascular diseases between 2013 and 2016
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period owing to a surge in geriatric population with cardiac diseases, change in lifestyle factors, higher prevalence of obesity & overweight population, and increasing healthcare expenditure
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO) stats, in 2016, Asia Pacific was home to the largest absolute number of overweight and obese people, which was around 1 billion, two out of every five adults.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- BIOREP TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- Getinge AB
- LivaNova PLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Med Alliance Solutions, LLC
- Terumo Corporation
- Braile Biomédica
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Product Type
- Single Roller Pump
- Double Roller Pump
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Application
- Cardiac Surgery
- Acute Respiratory Failure Treatment
- Lung Transplant Operation
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Dialysis Centers
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.