Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment: Major support system for heart and lungs during bypass surgery
- The cardiopulmonary bypass system is a medical device or technology that takes over the function of the heart and lungs temporarily during cardiac surgery. The cardiopulmonary bypass system helps maintain blood circulation and the flow of oxygen within the body.
- The cardiopulmonary bypass system is utilized during open heart surgery owing to the difficulty of operating on a beating heart. Cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment carry out the functions of the lungs and the heart (maintains oxygen and blood circulation in the body) during coronary bypass surgery.
- The system primarily consists of two major components, the pump and the oxygenator, which remove oxygen-deprived blood from a patient's body and replace it with oxygen-rich blood through a series of hoses.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment act as a support system for the heart and lungs of the patient during surgery and hence, it is also called a heart-lung machine
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market
- Increase in geriatric population and a rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases across the world are major factors driving the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO), every year around 17.9 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases globally, which constitutes an estimated 31% of all deaths worldwide
- Launch of advanced products for coronary bypass surgery and favorable reimbursement policies are also major factors propelling the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- Various awareness campaigns by government & non-government organizations for cardiovascular diseases and rise in the number of organ transplantation surgeries are other key factors fuelling the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Product recalls hamper the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
- Safety issues associated with certain products in recent years have prompted regulatory bodies to recall some products used for coronary bypass surgery, which in turn is estimated to hamper the market
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies in less developed and developing countries are also projected to restrain the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market
Double Roller Pump: A highly popular product type segment
- Based on product type, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be bifurcated into single roller pump and double roller pump
- The double roller pump segment is estimated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period due to cost-effectiveness, ease of maintenance & operation, and better safety profile of double roller pumps
Cardiac surgery dominant application segment
- In terms of application, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be divided into cardiac surgery, acute respiratory failure treatment, lung transplant operation, and others
- The cardiac surgery segment dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market owing to a rise in prevalence of cardiac diseases, increase in number of open heart surgeries, and launch of advanced products for cardiac surgery
Hospitals end-user segment held major share
- Based on end-user, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, dialysis centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market owing to a rise in hospital patient admissions for cardiac surgeries, better reimbursement policies, and availability of advanced products
North America to Lead Global Market for Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment
- In terms of region, the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global cardiopulmonary bypass accessory equipment market in 2019 due to higher prevalence of cardiac diseases, rise in funding for cardiovascular disease research, favorable reimbursement policies, and presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, the American Heart Association estimated that 121.5 million adults had cardiovascular diseases between 2013 and 2016
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period owing to a surge in geriatric population with cardiac diseases, change in lifestyle factors, higher prevalence of obesity & overweight population, and increasing healthcare expenditure
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO) stats, in 2016, Asia Pacific was home to the largest absolute number of overweight and obese people, which was around 1 billion, two out of every five adults.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- BIOREP TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- Getinge AB
- LivaNova PLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Med Alliance Solutions, LLC
- Terumo Corporation
- Braile Biomédica
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Product Type
- Single Roller Pump
- Double Roller Pump
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Application
- Cardiac Surgery
- Acute Respiratory Failure Treatment
- Lung Transplant Operation
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Dialysis Centers
Global Cardiopulmonary Bypass Accessory Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.