The cardiology devices market is estimated to invite profitable growth across the assessment period of 2018-2026 on the back of the rising number of cardiovascular diseases. As per the World Health Organization (WHO) data, cardiovascular diseases are the number one cause of deaths across the globe.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimate that one person dies every 36 seconds in the U.S. from cardiovascular disorders. These statistics highlight the heightening concerns about the rising cardiovascular diseases, which will enhance the growth prospects of the cardiology devices market.
- Technological advancements are expected to boost the growth opportunities across the cardiology devices market. The increasing demand for these devices among a large chunk of the populace will bring immense growth prospects for the cardiology devices market.
- Research and development activities are important for the growth of the cardiology devices market. The players invest extensively in these activities to boost the growth of the cardiology devices market. Formulations and upgrades in the cardiology devices help accelerate the growth opportunities across the cardiology devices market.
- Strategic collaborations play a massive role in the growth of the cardiology devices market. The players indulge in mergers and acquisitions to expand their influence across the cardiology devices market, eventually increasing the growth rate.
Cardiology devices are used in the management of cardiac conditions such as cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure, coronary artery disease, and congenital heart disease. These devices are used to correct heart conditions such as irregular heartbeats, deformities of the heart, damaged or diseased coronary arteries, coronary thrombosis, mitral valve regurgitation, and congestive heart failure. The devices commonly used to address these anomalies include implantable cardioverter-defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization therapy devices, ventricular assist devices, heart monitors, coronary balloons, catheters, and pacemakers.
Rise in number of patients with cardiovascular diseases globally is a major factor driving the cardiology devices market. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading cause of deaths across the world. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), CVDs accounted for over 17.7 million deaths in 2015, which represents 31% of the total deaths globally. The number of deaths due to cardiovascular disease is expected to be more than 23.6 million by 2030. Rise in the number of deaths associated with cardiovascular disease is likely to add to the cost of management of the disease. The global burden due to cardiovascular disease was US$ 863 Bn in 2010 which is expected to increase to US$ 1,044 Bn by 2030. Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases is anticipated to drive demand for devices used in monitoring cardiac activities such as implantable cardiac pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) which in turn is likely to fuel the growth of the global cardiology devices market.
Increase in the geriatric population is also expected to boost the growth of the global cardiology devices market during the forecast period. The geriatric population is more susceptible to heart diseases. Incidence rate of cardiovascular diseases is four times higher in people aged 65 years and above. According to the Canadian Institute of Health Information, hospitalization rate for ischemic heart disease is four times more frequent in patients aged between 75 and 84 as compared to patients aged between 45 and 54.
Launch of new products by cardiology device manufacturers is another factor contributing to the growth of the global cardiology devices market. In September 2017, Abbott Laboratories received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for magnetic resonance-conditional labeling for the company’s most popular implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) and associated high voltage leads. In 2016, St. Jude Medical (Abbott laboratories) launched the Assurity MRI pacemaker in the U.S. The device is the world’s smallest, longest lasting wireless, remotely managed, MRI pacemaker. The spate of product approvals and the subsequent product launches are expected to offer new growth avenues for manufacturers of active implantable medical devices.
The global cardiology devices market can be segmented based on product type, condition, end-user, and region. In terms of product type, the market can be divided into pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), ventricular assist devices (VAD), cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices, heart monitors, stents, catheters, and others. Based on condition, the global cardiology devices market can be classified into heart failure, cardiac arrhythmia, coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, and others. In terms of end-user, the market can be categorized into hospitals, cardiac medical centers, and specialty cardiology clinics.
In terms of region, the global cardiology devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global market due to continued funding for development of new products for the treatment of CVDs. North America was followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Increase in the geriatric population and rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases among the general population in Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Prominent players operating in the global cardiology devices market are Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, BIOTRONIK, Inc., Cook Medical, Inc., Lepu Medical Technology Co Ltd., LivaNova plc, Medtronic plc, MEDICO S.p.A., and Terumo Corporation.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.