Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market: Introduction
- Carcinoid syndrome is a combination of symptoms such as abnormal laboratory finding and physical manifestation. It is most commonly seen in patients with carcinoid tumor. Diarrhea, tachycardia, bronchospasm, shortness of breathing, and flushing are most common symptoms of carcinoid syndrome.
- Carcinoid crisis during surgery and carcinoid heart diseases are the complications associated with the carcinoid syndrome
- Carcinoid syndrome diarrhea involves the presence of excess serotonin, which stimulates secretion of colonic mucus, increases the peristalsis, and inhibits absorption in the GI tract which leads to diarrhea
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities of Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market
- Increase in prevalence of carcinoid syndrome is anticipated to drive the carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market. For instance, according to an article published in Clinics, estimated 60% to 80% prevalence of carcinoid syndrome associated diarrhea has been observed among neuroendocrine tumor patients with elevated urinary 5 – HIAA.
- According to an article published in Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research (BJSTR), diarrhea accounts for 80% of carcinoid syndrome
- Currently used therapies for carcinoid syndrome are systemic chemotherapy, tyrosin kinase inhibitors, somatostatin analogues, interferon, and systemic chemotherapy. Introduction of new therapies by key industry players for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome diarrhea is likely to fuel the growth of carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market.
- For instance, in October 2018, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Canada Inc. received approval for XERMELOTM from Health Canada
- In February 2018, Health Canada approved Somatuline Autogel for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome offered by Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Canada Inc.
- In February 2017, Food and Drug Administration approved Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) with combination of somatostatin analog (SSA) therapy for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in adult patients
- Increase in awareness about life-threatening complications of carcinoid syndrome is likely to propel the growth of market. For instance, according to an article published in Neoplasia, NETs (neuroendocrine tumors) accounted for 0.5% of all diagnosed malignancies and the rise in incidence of NETs due to improved awareness is approximately 5.86 per 100,000 population per year.
- Rise in number of people with carcinoid syndrome in developing countries offers significant opportunities in carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market, owing to rise in prevalence of carcinoid syndrome. As per an article published in the Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, in the U.S., 20% to 30% patients with NET are diagnosed with carcinoid syndrome. According to an article published in Oncotarget, the prevalence of neuroendocrine tumor is high but relatively low incidence. In the U.S., incidence of NETs has risen 6-fold over the last few decades.
- The carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market in Europe is expected to hold significant share of the market. According to the NHS, in the U.K., approximately 2,900 people are diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumor each year. In July 2017, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. received positive opinion for Xermelo from Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), the scientific committee of the European Medicines Agency (EMA). This is a positive milestone in providing innovative solution for treatment of neuroendocrine tumors.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market
The global carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective region. Key developments such as product launch and approval is by industry players are likely to fuel the growth of the market. For instance, in September 2017, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval from European Commission for Xermelo for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome diarrhea.
Leading players operating in the global carcinoid syndrome diarrhea treatment market are:
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- LEXICON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC
- Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market, by Type of Laser
- Somatostatin analog (SSA) Therapy
- Oral Therapy
- Telotristat Ethyl
Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market, by Indication
Global Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.