Global Carbetocin Injection Market: Introduction
Carbetocin is a drug that is used to control postpartum hemorrhage?bleeding after giving birth. It is an analogue of oxytocin, and its action is similar to that of oxytocin, which causes contraction of the uterus. According to CIC Edizioni Internazionali, almost 500.000 women die due to this potentially preventable cause each year, and an estimated quarter of these deaths occur as a consequence of hemorrhage at the time of delivery. Carbetocin is a long-acting synthetic oxytocin analogue, 1-deamino-1-monocarbo-(2-O-Methyltyrosine)-oxytocin, firstly described in 1987. A single dose of carbetocin has been hypothysed to act as a 16 hours intravenous oxytocin infusion regarding the increase in uterine tone and the reduction of the risk of PPH in elective caesarean section.
Key Drivers of Global Carbetocin Injection Market
Prevalence of postpartum hemorrhage
Postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) is the leading cause of maternal mortality. Maternal deaths and the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) have reduced globally from 543 000 and 400 per 100 000 live births to 287 000 and 210 per 100 000 live births, respectively. The WHO and professional bodies recommend active management of the third stage of labor (AMTSL) for all vaginal births in order to prevent PPH. An oxytocin injection is the recommended first line uterotonic medicine for prevention and treatment of PPH, as it is more effective than ergometrine and other uterotonics and has relatively fewer side-effects. Incidence of PPH is reported to be around 2% to 4% after vaginal delivery, and 6% after cesarean section; with uterine atony being the cause in about 50% cases. Every year, about 14 million women around the world suffer from PPH.
Increase in birth rate
Pregnancy and birth rates among teenagers in the U.S are significantly high among all developed countries. Declining birth rates and an increased life expectancy have resulted in a worldwide shift in the population age distribution. Changes in the birth rate can come about not only because of changes in age-specific fertility rates but also because of structural changes in the population. According to Theoretical Population Biology, even though birth rates are dropping all over the world, thanks to increases in food security, affluence, and urbanization, the world's population is estimated to exceed 8 billion (up from today's 6.5 billion) by 2030, and might reach 9 billion by 2050.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Carbetocin Injection Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global carbetocin injection market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and introduction of technologically advanced products in the market. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period owing to advanced facilities provided by the hospital infrastructure in the region.
- The carbetocin injection market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising awareness and acceptance & adoption of new techniques in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Carbetocin Injection Market
The global carbetocin injection market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global carbetocin injection market include:
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Boya Bio
- Hybio Pharmaceutical
- Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Chengdu Shengnuo Biotechnology
- Tibet Aim Pharm Inc (Aim Pharm)
Global Carbetocin Injection Market: Research Scope
Global Carbetocin Injection Market, by Type
- Original Drug
- Generic Drug
Global Carbetocin Injection Market, by End-user
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.