Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market: One of the Major Allergic Conditions in Dogs
- Atopic dermatitis is an allergic, inflammatory, chronic skin disease in dogs caused due to harmless substances such as grass, mold spores, house dust mites, and other environmental allergens
- Symptoms of this allergic disease include excessive scratching, itching, skin inflammation, and rubbing & licking majorly around the face, paws, and underarms.
- Generally, family history of skin allergies in dogs increases susceptibility to various allergens such as animal danders, airborne pollens, mold spores, and house dust mite
- Not a single treatment is 100% effective in curing atopic dermatitis, but most patients need core and supportive therapies
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
- Rise in prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis is a major factor boosting the growth of the global canine atopic dermatitis market.
- A study published in DataSavant in 2007 indicated that prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis in general clinical populations ranges from 3% to 15%, while in some cases it is up to 30%
- Rise in awareness about early signs & symptoms of allergic reaction in animals and development of advanced therapeutic methods to control symptoms are the other factors fueling the growth of the global canine atopic dermatitis market
- Rise in pollution associated with allergens level is also one of the key factors driving the global market.
Drug-induced Severe Hypersensitivity Reactions Hamper Market
- Several drugs cause serious adverse reactions which can further alleviate allergic reaction. This restrains the global canine atopic dermatitis market.
- Improper management of canine atopic dermatitis in terms of dosage, administration of drugs, and drug combination can also hamper the growth of the global market
Immunotherapy: Gold Standard for Allergy Therapy
- Based on pharmacotherapy, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be segmented into immunotherapy, cyclosporine, oclacitinib, canine atopic dermatitis immunotherapeutic (CADI), and others
- Immunotherapy is the more popular treatment for canine atopic dermatitis, as it is the only therapy capable of changing the immune system’s response to allergies rather than suppressing the immune system or dulling the clinical signs and prevention of development of new allergies
- CADI is likely to be a highly lucrative segment in the next few years due to its better action by monoclonal antibody activity that targets IL-31 and rise in demand among most veterinary dermatologists
Injectable to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of route of administration, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be divided into oral, injectable, and topical
- Injectable is expected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period. Injectables in dogs are majorly administered subcutaneously.
- This route of administration is gaining popularity. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in owner’s preference for once a month injection dose rather than twice daily oral medication.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market Report
Veterinary Hospitals to be Dominant Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be classified into veterinary hospitals, pet clinics, pharmacies & drug stores, and others
- The veterinary hospitals segment dominated the global market due to increase in number of admissions of pets into veterinary hospitals, availability of advanced therapies, and proper use of medications through expert consultation at these settings.
North America to Lead Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
- In terms of region, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global canine atopic dermatitis market in 2018 owing to higher prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis, better health care facilities for veterinary care, and development of new therapies & drugs for these animal diseases.
- According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners in the U.S. spent more than US$ 7.4 Bn on pet care in 2017, while the expenditure in Europe stood at US$ 6.1 Bn for the same year.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Novartis AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- AB Science
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- Bimeda, Inc.
- Vetoquinol S.A.
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market: Research Scope
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Therapy
- Canine Atopic Dermatitis Immunotherapeutic (CADI)
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Route of Administration
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Distribution Channel
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Pet Clinics
- Pharmacies & Drugstores
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.