Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market: One of the Major Allergic Conditions in Dogs
- Atopic dermatitis is an allergic, inflammatory, chronic skin disease in dogs caused due to harmless substances such as grass, mold spores, house dust mites, and other environmental allergens
- Symptoms of this allergic disease include excessive scratching, itching, skin inflammation, and rubbing & licking majorly around the face, paws, and underarms.
- Generally, family history of skin allergies in dogs increases susceptibility to various allergens such as animal danders, airborne pollens, mold spores, and house dust mite
- Not a single treatment is 100% effective in curing atopic dermatitis, but most patients need core and supportive therapies
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
- Rise in prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis is a major factor boosting the growth of the global canine atopic dermatitis market.
- A study published in DataSavant in 2007 indicated that prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis in general clinical populations ranges from 3% to 15%, while in some cases it is up to 30%
- Rise in awareness about early signs & symptoms of allergic reaction in animals and development of advanced therapeutic methods to control symptoms are the other factors fueling the growth of the global canine atopic dermatitis market
- Rise in pollution associated with allergens level is also one of the key factors driving the global market.
Drug-induced Severe Hypersensitivity Reactions Hamper Market
- Several drugs cause serious adverse reactions which can further alleviate allergic reaction. This restrains the global canine atopic dermatitis market.
- Improper management of canine atopic dermatitis in terms of dosage, administration of drugs, and drug combination can also hamper the growth of the global market
Immunotherapy: Gold Standard for Allergy Therapy
- Based on pharmacotherapy, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be segmented into immunotherapy, cyclosporine, oclacitinib, canine atopic dermatitis immunotherapeutic (CADI), and others
- Immunotherapy is the more popular treatment for canine atopic dermatitis, as it is the only therapy capable of changing the immune system’s response to allergies rather than suppressing the immune system or dulling the clinical signs and prevention of development of new allergies
- CADI is likely to be a highly lucrative segment in the next few years due to its better action by monoclonal antibody activity that targets IL-31 and rise in demand among most veterinary dermatologists
Injectable to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of route of administration, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be divided into oral, injectable, and topical
- Injectable is expected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period. Injectables in dogs are majorly administered subcutaneously.
- This route of administration is gaining popularity. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in owner’s preference for once a month injection dose rather than twice daily oral medication.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market Report
Veterinary Hospitals to be Dominant Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be classified into veterinary hospitals, pet clinics, pharmacies & drug stores, and others
- The veterinary hospitals segment dominated the global market due to increase in number of admissions of pets into veterinary hospitals, availability of advanced therapies, and proper use of medications through expert consultation at these settings.
North America to Lead Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
- In terms of region, the global canine atopic dermatitis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global canine atopic dermatitis market in 2018 owing to higher prevalence of canine atopic dermatitis, better health care facilities for veterinary care, and development of new therapies & drugs for these animal diseases.
- According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners in the U.S. spent more than US$ 7.4 Bn on pet care in 2017, while the expenditure in Europe stood at US$ 6.1 Bn for the same year.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Novartis AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- AB Science
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- Bimeda, Inc.
- Vetoquinol S.A.
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market: Research Scope
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Therapy
- Canine Atopic Dermatitis Immunotherapeutic (CADI)
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Route of Administration
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Distribution Channel
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Pet Clinics
- Pharmacies & Drugstores
Global Canine Atopic Dermatitis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.