Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Overview
Cancer registry is an information system or computerized database to maintain and collect the data related to cancer patients. This data helps in the evaluation of trends and ultimately enhances the cancer patient care. According to the World Health Organization, cancer killed about 9.6 million people in 2018. This explains the need for a cancer registry software and has facilitated the expansion of the global cancer registry software market. Initiatives taken by governments to promote the use of cancer registry have also expanded the market’s frontiers.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Notable Developments
Rising incidence cancer cases has spiked the rate of developments in the global cancer registry software market. Few of the developments are mentioned below:
- Elekta has developed a new cancer registry data management software called METRIQ. It performs a range of functions such as remote abstracting, data validation, workflow management, and population and care analysis. These functions are carried out in a 24/7 secured data center using tools such as abstract configuration, follow-up manager, and others. This tool has gained immense popularity in the global cancer registry market which is mainly due to the ease of use it offers. It offers a simple navigation and efficient follow-up that includes status updates, history, schedules, control lists, and letters. Moreover, it has significantly reduced the operating costs with the help of efficient workflow tools.
- Availability of free software programs for cancer registry play a pivotal role in the growth of the global cancer registry software market. Registry Plus is a suite of such free cancer registry software programs used for special or routine data collection. It encompasses a central registry database program called the CRS plus and a web application that collects cancer data over the internet. Moreover, it is compliant with the national standards which has facilitated extensive adoption of this product.
Prominent players in the global cancer registry software market include Elekta AB, Rocky Mountain Cancer Data Systems, C/Net Solutions, Onco, Inc., CONDUENT, INC, and IBM.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Key Growth Dynamics
A rise in the adoption of electronic health records (EHR) is the key factor promoting the expansion of the cancer registry software market. Moreover, healthcare professionals are focusing on improving the quality of care for cancer patients. This can only be achieved through the analysis of the trends over the years and taking measures accordingly, thereby promoting the use of cancer registry software.
Governments of numerous countries are taking initiatives to encourage the adoption of cancer registry software. In addition to this, customization of standard software for patient registry facilitating automatic upgradation and multiple system usage has spiked the global cancer registry system’s market. Development of new cancer registry software has further supported the market’s growth.
However, along with the numerous drivers there are a few restraints that may confine the cancer registry software market’s growth. Concerns related to the safety and privacy of the data may pose a challenge to the market’s growth. Nonetheless, extensive adoption of cancer registry software systems by governmental organizations and development of cloud-based patient registry systems may present lucrative opportunities for the market’s growth.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America hold a leading position in the global cancer registry software market. The growth in this region can be mainly attributed to favorable government policies and a rise in funding. Rising investment in the healthcare facilities and growing prevalence of cancer has also contributed to the cancer registry market’s growth in this region.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.