Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Overview
Cancer registry is an information system or computerized database to maintain and collect the data related to cancer patients. This data helps in the evaluation of trends and ultimately enhances the cancer patient care. According to the World Health Organization, cancer killed about 9.6 million people in 2018. This explains the need for a cancer registry software and has facilitated the expansion of the global cancer registry software market. Initiatives taken by governments to promote the use of cancer registry have also expanded the market’s frontiers.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Notable Developments
Rising incidence cancer cases has spiked the rate of developments in the global cancer registry software market. Few of the developments are mentioned below:
- Elekta has developed a new cancer registry data management software called METRIQ. It performs a range of functions such as remote abstracting, data validation, workflow management, and population and care analysis. These functions are carried out in a 24/7 secured data center using tools such as abstract configuration, follow-up manager, and others. This tool has gained immense popularity in the global cancer registry market which is mainly due to the ease of use it offers. It offers a simple navigation and efficient follow-up that includes status updates, history, schedules, control lists, and letters. Moreover, it has significantly reduced the operating costs with the help of efficient workflow tools.
- Availability of free software programs for cancer registry play a pivotal role in the growth of the global cancer registry software market. Registry Plus is a suite of such free cancer registry software programs used for special or routine data collection. It encompasses a central registry database program called the CRS plus and a web application that collects cancer data over the internet. Moreover, it is compliant with the national standards which has facilitated extensive adoption of this product.
Prominent players in the global cancer registry software market include Elekta AB, Rocky Mountain Cancer Data Systems, C/Net Solutions, Onco, Inc., CONDUENT, INC, and IBM.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Key Growth Dynamics
A rise in the adoption of electronic health records (EHR) is the key factor promoting the expansion of the cancer registry software market. Moreover, healthcare professionals are focusing on improving the quality of care for cancer patients. This can only be achieved through the analysis of the trends over the years and taking measures accordingly, thereby promoting the use of cancer registry software.
Governments of numerous countries are taking initiatives to encourage the adoption of cancer registry software. In addition to this, customization of standard software for patient registry facilitating automatic upgradation and multiple system usage has spiked the global cancer registry system’s market. Development of new cancer registry software has further supported the market’s growth.
However, along with the numerous drivers there are a few restraints that may confine the cancer registry software market’s growth. Concerns related to the safety and privacy of the data may pose a challenge to the market’s growth. Nonetheless, extensive adoption of cancer registry software systems by governmental organizations and development of cloud-based patient registry systems may present lucrative opportunities for the market’s growth.
Global Cancer Registry Software Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America hold a leading position in the global cancer registry software market. The growth in this region can be mainly attributed to favorable government policies and a rise in funding. Rising investment in the healthcare facilities and growing prevalence of cancer has also contributed to the cancer registry market’s growth in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.