Campus Switch: Introduction
- Campus switches are the electronic equipment that has been widely used in wide area network (WAN), MAN, and data center networks, building application-oriented network platforms for carriers, and integrating switching and routing functions to build end-to-end converged networks.
- Campus switches offer high reliability, easier management, and greater agility.
- In terms of type, the campus switches market can be segmented into wired and wireless); based on application, the market can be classified into carrier Ethernet services, enterprise datacentres, enterprise campus, and small and medium business.
Rise in Demand for Wireless Campus Switches
- Based on type, the wireless campus switches segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as this range is largely used in the carrier Ethernet services, enterprise data centers, enterprise campus, and small & medium business applications.
- Moreover, Ethernet technology has become a necessity for data center, thereby offering a lucrative opportunity for the campus switch market.
- Major global companies, such as Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, and Google, are investing in green data centers that are powered through renewable sources, which in turn is expected to boost the demand for the campus switches in the near future. For instance, in 2019, Google invested over US$ 13 billion in data centers and offices in the U.S. Such developments in the market are expected to boost the number of facilities that operate during the forecast period.
- Volatility in price of raw materials of a campus switch and the presence of limited quality cheap products in the market are the major factors restraining the global campus switches market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Campus Switches Market
- In terms of region, the global campus switches market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The campus switches market in Asia Pacific is expected expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in the number of data centers and rapid adoption of IoT technology in the region
- Decline in prices of servers have increased the adoption of cloud computing businesses across Asia Pacific, which is expected to fuel the demand for campus switches during the forecast period
- A rise in the number of enterprise networks, data centers, and smaller businesses in Asia Pacific is estimated to further boost the demand for the campus switches in the region
- Rapid industrialization, expansion of manufacturing activities, and the presence of a large number of manufacturing companies and these companies adopting automation also propels the demand for campus switches.
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period due to high spending on campus switches in the next few years and rising adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) technology in the region
- The campus switches market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for campus switches from countries in Western Europe. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Campus Switches Market
The global campus switches market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to cater to the rising demand for a campus switch. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global campus switches market are:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- New H3C Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc
- Arista Networks
Global Campus Switches Market: Research Scope
Global Campus Switches Market, by Type
Global Campus Switches Market, by Application
- Carrier Ethernet Services
- Enterprise Datacenters
- Enterprise Campus
- Small and Medium Business
Global Campus Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa