Call Center Outsourcing: Introduction
- Call center outsourcing is the process by which organizations outsource some of their business processes such as accounting and data entry to third party service providers. Call center outsourcing is considered a valuable and feasible option for those companies that find it difficult to manage in-house departments and hire experienced staff. Call center outsourcing enables companies to sustain positive customer experience.
- Call center outsourcing offers various types of services to customers as per their requirement and business process. Some of the common services provided by call center outsourcing companies are back office BPO services, finance and accounting BPO services, e-commerce support services, IT outsourcing services, digital marketing services, healthcare services, and billing services.
- The global call center outsourcing market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in demand for outsourcing of business processes among end-users
Click here to read more about growth trend
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market: Dynamics
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in technological advances, considerable growth in data traffic, and the rising demand from consumers for digital communication and content are driving the call center outsourcing market.
- Growing adoption of advanced technologies such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation among call center outsourcing companies is anticipated to boost the demand for call center outsourcing during the forecast period.
- Increasing need to standardize business processes and demand for cost effective operations among organizations is also expected to boost the call center outsourcing market during the forecast period.
- Rising adoption of cloud-based solutions drives the need to manage cloud data, and this is expected to boost the demand for call center outsourcing across the globe.
- However, data security and privacy concerns are expected to hamper the call center outsourcing market during the forecast period.
- Increase in dynamic outsourcing service requirements is projected to restrain the market in the next few years.
Click here to read more about market dynamics
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Call Center Outsourcing Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Call center outsourcing business has been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hinder the global call center outsourcing market in the next few years.
- During COVID-19, call center outsourcing companies are switching to the remote work format. They are facing various issues and difficulties to restructure their daily processes. However, some companies are collaborating with technology giants to develop remote solutions to manage the outsourcing process.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Call Center Outsourcing Market
- In terms of region, the global call center outsourcing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific dominated the global call center outsourcing market in 2019, due to the presence of large number of companies that provide customer support and sales services to clients across the globe. India is one of the key markets for call center outsourcing in APAC.
- The call center outsourcing market in North America & Europe is also projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in number of contact center outsourcing companies in the region.
Click here to read more about market outlook, by region
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the call center outsourcing market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in this market. Call center outsourcing vendors are focused on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations, and merger and acquisition with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced digital solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Call Center Outsourcing Market Include:
- Accenture Plc
- Atento SA
- Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
- Capgemini SE
- HCL Technologies
- Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd.
- IBM Global Services
- Infosys Limited
- Sitel Group
- StarTek Inc.
- Sykes Enterprises Inc.
- SYNNEX Corp.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tech Mahindra
- Teleperformance SE
- Transcom Holding AB
- TTEC Holdings Inc.
- WNS Global Services
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market: Research Scope
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market, by Type
- Inbound Service
- Outbound Service
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market, by Service Type
- Email Support
- Chat Support
- Website Support
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecommunications
- Defense & Aerospace
Global Call Center Outsourcing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Backend Services
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.