Calcium Malate Market
Calcium Malate Market (Form: Soft-gels, Capsules, Tablet, Liquids, and Powder & Granules; and End Use: Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical, and Animal Feed) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Food & Beverages
- 312 Pages
Health Concerns Boost Uptake of Calcium Malate Supplements to Fight Coronavirus Infection
Negative ramifications of the novel coronavirus infection are reflecting in millions of patients. People around the world have become conscious about maintaining optimum health in order to prevent exposure to COVID-19. Companies in the calcium malate market are capitalizing on this opportunity, as many people are consuming multivitamin and calcium supplements. E-pharmacies are experiencing increased sales of calcium malate supplements.
In order to boost the uptake of calcium malate supplements, e-pharmacies and e-Commerce platforms are offering heavy discounts on combo products. Sellers in the calcium malate market are providing combo packs of calcium malate supplements, along with multivitamin tablets available in various flavors to bolster sales. As such, effervescent supplements are in high demand to fight off infections. Moreover, researchers are looking for calcium alternatives to detect the infection or if calcium can play an important role in treatment or medication. Due to COVID-19, consumers have turned to healthy eating and are focusing on the consumption of micronutrients and therefore the demand for calcium malate among supplements manufacturers is expected to rise in near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Calcium Malate Market ?
Calcium Malate Supplementation Promotes Muscle Contraction
Calcium malate, also known as calcium citrate malate, is becoming increasingly mainstream in dietary supplements. Currently, nutraceutical end use segment dictates the lion’s share of the calcium malate market and is anticipated to continue dominating the revenue share. The market is estimated to reach ~US$ 360 Mn by the end of 2030. The demand for calcium malate supplements is surging, since the compound promotes proper muscle contraction.
The high prevalence of osteoporosis in individuals is another key market driver, which is catalyzing growth of the calcium malate market. Many people have developed a sensitivity toward consuming natural forms of carbohydrates, thus leaving them deficient in the richest dietary sources of calcium. For such individuals, nutrition companies are suggesting calcium malate supplementation to avoid being deficient in calcium.
Allergic Reactions of Calcium Malate Supplements Hamper Market Growth
Since calcium absorption abilities vary with different individuals, companies in the calcium malate market are increasing the availability of supplements. However, clinical side effects of calcium malate are common among individuals and might inhibit market growth. Allergic reactions, such as swelling of tongue, hives, and difficulty while breathing are being experienced by people. Hence, pharmaceutical companies are advising customers to seek doctor’s consultation before consuming supplements to prevent adverse health events in individuals.
The adequate intake of calcium malate and Vitamin D is essential to maintain optimum bone health. Hence, food products supplier in the U.S., NutriScience Innovations, is offering calcium citrate ingredients that can be used in animal health and nutraceutical applications. Manufacturers in the calcium malate market are innovating supplements that help individuals achieve peal bone mass.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Loss of Bone Mass in Older Women Fuels Demand for Calcium Malate Products
Calcium malate products are gaining increased visibility in fruit preparations, jellies, and beverages. For instance, Dr. Paul Lohmann Calcium Malate is being highly publicized as a stabilizer in fast melt sticks and fruit preparations. Companies in the calcium malate market are manufacturing GMO (Genetically Modified)-free and allergen-free ingredients to boost product uptake. They are catering to niche requirements of individuals who are demanding vegan and vegetarian mineral malate.
Manufacturers in the calcium malate market are unlocking value-grab opportunities in pharmaceutical drugs that help to reduce the synthesis of stomach acid. Since digestive efficiency reduces as our age progresses, the need for calcium supplements increases to establish efficacious absorption of minerals. Healthcare companies have developed a laser-like focus for older women population who are primarily susceptible to loss of bone mass. Efficient nerve impulse transmission and neuronal communication can also be achieved with the help of calcium malate supplements.
High-value Mineral Salts Gain Visibility in Pharmaceutical Drugs for CVD Patients
Individuals are becoming aware about the advantages of high-value mineral salts, such as calcium malate, magnesium malate, and sodium malate. As such, nutritional supplements are one of the largest markets for high-value mineral salts, and are given in the form of gel-caps, liquid supplements, and chewable tablets. Manufacturers in the calcium malate market are increasing their production capabilities to develop powder, tablets, and capsules that facilitate healthy blood pressure in individuals. Companies are increasing the availability of micronized, micro-encapsulated, and customized products to suit specific requirements of consumers.
Companies in the calcium malate market are maintaining a diverse portfolio in high-value mineral salts that are available in value added forms such as granules, crystals, and fine powders. The high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) in people is another key driver, which is promoting market growth. As such, the market is expected to advance at a favorable CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Calcium Malate Market
Osteoporosis Patients Opt for Readily-absorbed Form of Calcium Products
e-Commerce is emerging as a profitable business model for manufacturers in the calcium malate market. For instance, Vital Nutrients— a manufacturer of high quality nutritional supplements is broadening its distribution chains via e-Commerce platforms to boost product sales for its calcium malate supplements. Healthcare companies are increasing their R&D efforts to develop formulations of readily absorbed and well-tolerated form of calcium. The increasing number of dental events in people has led to the demand for calcium malate products.
Lactose-intolerant customers who follow a dairy-free diet are also recommended calcium malate supplements. Apart from the geriatric population, even young individuals are recommended calcium malate products to reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life. Companies in the calcium malate market are conducting several clinical trials to gain approval from health commissions.
Calcium supplements that act as natural effervescent and boost the immune system of individuals are being highly preferred during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Hormonal changes in women during menopause have also triggered the demand for calcium malate supplements. However, it has been found that calcium malate makes it difficult for the body to absorb certain medicines. Hence, companies in the calcium malate market should encourage individuals to intimate the doctor about their current medicines to determine efficient consumption of calcium malate supplements. The demand for high-value mineral salts, such as calcium malate and sodium malate is rising due to the increased consumption of liquid supplements and nutritional beverages.
Calcium Malate Market: Overview
- The global calcium malate market value is estimated to be ~US$ 211.4 Mn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach ~US$ 360 Mn by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
- Calcium supplements are made available into main forms, which include calcium citrate/malate and calcium carbonate. Calcium malate is in demand from people with achlorhydria, inflammatory bowel disease, or absorption disorders. Calcium malate is a well-absorbed form of calcium. Hence, manufacturers are providing calcium fortified products.
- Malnutrition is a growing human health issue worldwide. Given the availability of screening devices, extreme malnutrition cases in hospitals, care homes, and individuals living in the homes throughout Asia Pacific and several other parts of the world tend to go undetected and untreated. Less than 45% of the patients worldwide identified as undernourished receive proper medical intervention. Malnutrition leads not only to physical but also psycho-social effects such as apathy, inactivity, impaired immune response, impaired wound healing, decreased muscle strength and weakness, self-neglect and, as such, anxiety, leading to poor quality of life. Hence, effective nutritional care preparation has now become a critical factor in the battle against malnutrition, and such nutritional support can be given through dietary supplements.
Calcium Malate: Market Frontrunners
- Based on end use, nutraceutical is likely to account for the largest market share of nearly 40%, followed by the pharmaceutical segment with ~30% market share in year 2020. These are anticipated to grow at 4.2% and 6.4%, respectively, by 2030 with market value of US$ 137.5 Mn and US$ 118.4 Mn during the forecast period.
- In terms of form, calcium malate is mainly available in form of tablets, which hold the maximum share of ~32% of the calcium malate market
- The powder & granules form segment is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR of 7%, owing to its easy handling property to mix easily with formulations
- North America and Europe together account for nearly 50% of the calcium malate market. Awareness among consumers for healthy diet and consumption of micronutrients increases the demand for calcium malate in these regions.
Calcium Malate Market: Trends
- Personalized nutrition for immune care
Consumers have become more shelf-directed when it comes to choosing nutrition for the body. Consumers are more progressively adopting alternative channels to shelf diagnose and identify bodies targeted health needs. At present, personalizing health means “engineering foods and supplements with saliva, urine, skin, cheek-swab, blood, or skin test”. This is partly driven by consumers’ habits to cross-check on the Internet before and after visiting the doctor and increasing attention on preventive care measures.
Calcium malate manufacturers are also encouraging the shelf-directed medication behavior of consumers by improving their awareness through marketing. Additionally, as consumers become more educated, they would be increasingly interested in personalized nutrition.
- Growing awareness about functional benefits of dietary supplements Manufacturers of dietary supplements are focusing on introducing natural, clean label ingredients, as today, more number of consumers are demanding transparency in their products. Additionally, consumers are seeking immune health supplements that are healthy, convenient, and organic, provide quick results, and at the same time, are palatable. Key companies in the immune health supplements market are focusing on inorganic growth through mergers and acquisitions in order to expand their market share and presence, along with strengthening their capabilities with broader offerings to meet the growing market demand. Manufacturers are concentrating on innovation by developing the R&D facility of the company and launching new products within a short span of time. They are focusing on new taste and flavored category in dietary supplements.
Calcium Malate Market: Strategies
- Channel polarization and innovative product launches are increasing the supply of immune health supplements to consumers. Moreover, growing private label product manufacturers are also supporting market growth.
- Key players in the global calcium malate market are adopting strategies such as business expansion and innovation. Leading market players are focused on acquisitions and new product launches.
- With the ongoing preference for high quality nutritional supplements, manufacturers are adopting innovative approaches by utilizing secret ingredients to manufacture highly effective calcium malate products
Target Region for Market
- The calcium malate market in Japan and Asia Pacific offers relatively high potential opportunity, followed by Latin America and MEA
- Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to increasing number of population and deficiency of calcium leading to various health issues
- International companies in Latin America are focusing on innovative manufacturing technologies. This is expected to fuel market growth during the forecast period.
Calcium Malate: Market Players
- Some of the key manufacturers operating in the calcium malate market, as profiled in the study, include
- Panvo Organics Pvt Ltd.
- Abott Laboratories
- FDC Limited (Lumina)
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd. (Nutriva)
- Revital Limited
- Phoenix Pharmaceuticals
- Medicis Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Posy Pharmachem Pvt. Ltd.
- NutraBio Labs, Inc.
- Jost Chemical Co.
- Dr. Paul Lohmann GmbH KG
- KLAIRE LABS
- Micro Labs Ltd.
- Akesiss Pharma Pvt Ltd.
Calcium Malate Market Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the calcium malate market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities, and restraints, and detailed information about the calcium malate market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the calcium malate market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) have been elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the calcium malate market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the calcium malate market, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the calcium malate market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers can leverage the information and data presented in the TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the calcium malate market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the calcium malate market can make use of the information presented in this study based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Calcium Malate Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable region for calcium malate market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for calcium malate during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the calcium malate market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the calcium malate market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the calcium malate market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the calcium malate market to catapult their position at the forefront?
Calcium Malate Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology has been used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the calcium malate market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts for compiling the calcium malate market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the development of this report as a primary source.
Information acquired from primary and secondary sources has been compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the calcium malate market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Calcium Malate Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the calcium malate market offers information divided into important segments — form, end user, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.