Cable Detector Market - Overview
A cable detector is a portable, handheld, battery-powered cable locator or wire tracer instrument. It is used to detect the presence and approximate location of cables behind the wall or ground. To perform these functions, it is not necessary to disconnect the power to the cable being tested or to disconnect electrically sensitive devices. Cable detector uses various types of technology such as metal detectors, signal generation, radio frequencies, ground penetrating radar, and magnetic fields for detection of cables. In case of underground cable detection, there are two types of cable location methods, they are active location, and passive location. In an active location method, a cable detector consist of two modules one is a transmitter and other is a receiver. A transmitter used in cable detector acts as an AC generator that supplies the signal current to the underground cable to trace it. The signal can be set to a particular frequency by the transmitter. This signal generates an electromagnetic field of the same frequency around the cable which can be then trace by a receiver. Whereas in passive location method, a cable detector is looking for unknown cables which is detected by electromagnetic field present around the cable with the help of a receiver module.
Cable Detector Market - Trends and Opportunities
One of the major driving factor for growth of the global cable detector market is increasing use of cable detector in various applications such as detection of underground cable, cables behind the wall, short circuit, and others. During detection of fault in underground cable, cable detector plays vital role as it is very difficult to locate a fault in underground cable as compared to overhead cable. The cable detectors calculate the distance at which fault has occurred and then further action regarding the fault can be taken to overcome the fault. Also, during excavation activities for laying water pipeline or oil pipeline and road construction, cable detectors are used to prevent underground cables from getting damage. Hence, with increase in activities such as laying of pipeline, and road construction, the demand for cable detector is also expected to increase in coming years. Moreover, in residential applications, such as to test wall sockets for which electrical plans is not available or to check live current in pre-installed wires behind the walls, and before making holes in ceilings, walls, and floors, cable detectors are used. Considering all these factors, with increase in use of cable detectors in residential applications, demand for cable detector is anticipated to show significant growth during forecast period.
Cable Detector Market - Segmentation
Cable Detector Market - Key Players?
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.