- C5ISR stands for command, control, communication, computers, combat, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- C5ISR is a system that integrates information received from operational and logistical forces and civilian agencies. It is helpful to understand and study a situation by generating operational awareness based on received information.
- The received information enables the commander to undertake operational planning and thus gain a competitive edge over the opponents
- The C5ISR system is a real time monitoring system and it can control all activities from one common location and has the capability to take decisions throughout the operation
- The C5ISR system is used in various applications such as missile defense & radar, command & control, unmanned systems, and combat systems
Rise in Demand of C5ISR for Use in Defense Industry
- C5ISR are largely used in the defense industry that enables commanders to make decisions in a timely manner which is helpful during war situations, as it is a reliable, accurate, and high performance system. The C5ISR system acquires information regarding target location, creates a common picture of the operational situation, and exchanges operational information in real time control
- In the defense industry, a C5ISR system is used to provide the necessary information of a target location with the help of its tools that helps to perform military operations in complex operational scenarios of air, land, and sea
- C5ISR plays a vital role in defense applications, owing to which developing countries invest heavily in defense equipment to attain a competitive edge over their opponents
- Furthermore, adoption of technologically advanced surveillance and security systems enable countries to improve their defense infrastructure
- Defense forces of developed countries sign contracts with companies that provide C5ISR systems for air, land, and sea. Thus, increase in focus to adopt C5ISR systems in the defense industry is expected to bolster the growth of the market
- Demand for C5ISR systems for security and surveillance of defense applications is increasing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the global C5ISR market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on C5ISR Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the C5ISR Market
- In terms of region, the global C5ISR market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global C5ISR market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of C5ISR operate in the region
- Additionally, the U.S. government is increasingly focusing on strengthening its defense forces by adopting new technologies, which is expected to boost the C5ISR market in the region during the forecast period
- The C5ISR market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global C5ISR Market
The global C5ISR market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for C5ISR. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global C5ISR market are:
- BAE Systems
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.
- Reutech Radar Systems
- L-3 Communications
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- SAAB Group
- Thales Group
- General Dynamics
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global C5ISR Market: Research Scope
Global C5ISR Market, by Type
Global C5ISR Market, by Application
- Missile Defense & Radar
- Command & Control
- Unmanned Systems
- Combat Systems
Global C5ISR Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa