Broadband Satellite System Market - Introduction
- A broadband satellite system provides network connectivity through low-earth-orbit (LEO) or geostationary satellites.
- Demand for broadband satellite systems is increasing due to technological advancements and improved capabilities of satellite broadband communication over traditional broadband systems. Broadband satellite systems overcome constraints of traditional systems related to frequency and connectivity speed.
- Continuous growth in demand for high speed internet is one of the main factors driving the demand for broadband satellite systems at a huge pace
- Market players in the broadband satellite system market are making efforts to introduce broadband satellite systems which can support a wide variety of applications including video conference and VoIP
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of the Broadband Satellite System Market
Growing demand for high speed internet due to increasing trend of Internet of Things expected to drive demand for broadband satellite systems
- Internet of Things has witnessed huge growth in the past few years, due to which, demand for high speed internet is growing continuously.
- Broadband satellite systems provide seamless internet connectivity which improve connectivity for devices for various end-use industries such as automotive, industrial, and healthcare
North America to dominate the broadband satellite system market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global broadband satellite system market, primarily due to significant investment by internet providers and operators to enhance operational efficiency
- Additionally, an extensive satellite communication sector is another major factor for the dominance of North America among other regions.
- Thus, North America is expected to stay dominant in the broadband satellite system market
Asia Pacific to dominate the broadband satellite system market in terms of growth rate
- Asia Pacific is one of the dominant regions in terms of internet users. Also, Asia Pacific countries are seeing continuous growth in number of internet users.
- Asia Pacific has approximately 48% internet penetration rate, which is one of the major factors expected to drive the growth of the broadband satellite system market in the region in the forthcoming years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Broadband Satellite System Market - Competitive Landscape
The top five players are expected to account for 20% to 25% share of the global broadband satellite system market. A few of the key players operating in the global broadband satellite system market include:
- Hughes Network Systems LLC
- Viasat, Inc.
- Norsat International Inc.
- VSAT SYSTEMS
Hughes Network Systems LLC was incorporated in the year 1971, and is headquartered in Maryland, Washington, D.C., U.S. The company provides satellites related to internet systems and services. It has operations in various regions including Asia Pacific, Central/South America, Middle East/Africa, and Europe.
Viasat, Inc. was founded in the year 1986 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, U.S. The company provides high speed satellite broadband services and networking systems. Viasat provides these services for commercial as well as defense applications. Viasat, Inc. has clients in various industries including aviation, broadcasting, defense, education, energy and utilities, and hospitality.
Global Broadband Satellite Systems Market - Segmentation
Global Broadband Satellite Systems Market, by Application
- Wired Systems
- Wireless Systems
Global Broadband Satellite Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.