Brain stimulation therapy is a procedure to treat certain mental disorders. Brain stimulation therapies involve activating or inhibiting brain activity directly with electricity. Electricity is provided directly by invasive or non-invasive brain stimulators placed on the scalp. Brain stimulators investigate the effects of electricity on basic processes such as gene expression and other aspects of molecular biology, neurochemical regulation, functional brain activity, sensorimotor function, and cognitive and affective processes. The stimulation technique uses a probe to outline patterns of neural connectivity in the brain and provides the information of brain activity in the form of graphs. The functioning of brain stimulators depends on battery powered adapter for the display of output on the patient monitor. Moreover, the system incorporates visual indicators of performance in order to provide the physicians an optimal performance. However, new developments in computer technology and rapidly growing cranial stimulation technique allows the scientific community to focus on the best practice within the medical industry, which is paving the way for early diagnosis and treatment of mental diseases.
The global brain stimulators market is driven by rapid development in technology, funding for digital health companies, rise in incidence of neurological disorders, increase in government support for research & development, and adverse effects of present diagnostic & drug therapies. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, deep brain stimulators were approved for treatment of movement disorders such as essential tremor, Parkinson's disease and dystonia, and recently, obsessive-compulsive disorder. Rise in prevalence of Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, dystonia, and other chronic pain is expected to drive the global brain stimulators market. However, long approval time, high cost of research & development and devices, and lack of awareness are factors expected to restrain the global brain stimulators market during the forecast period.
The global brain stimulators market can be segmented based on product type, end-user, application, and region. In terms of product type, the market can be classified into transcranial magnetic stimulators, electroconvulsive therapy stimulators, deep brain stimulators, and others. Based on application, the global brain stimulators market can be categorized into Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and others. In December 2017, Boston Scientific Corporation received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the sale of Vercise Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) System to treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (PD), a degenerative condition that affects more than one million people in the U.S. and 10 million globally. Hence, deep brain stimulators as an invasive device will be more prominently used in the near future. In terms of end-user, the market can be divided into diagnostic laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and others.
Geographically, the global brain stimulators market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America dominated the global market due to advanced technology used in medical devices, increase in incidence of mental illnesses among the geriatric population, significant awareness, and high per capita health care expenditure. Early-phase diagnosis, treatment of disease, and after surgery effects drive the biotechnology and medical device market which in turn is expected to propel the brain stimulators market in North America. Europe was the second largest market for brain stimulators due to favorable government policies regarding health care infrastructure, high incidence of brain diseases due to environmental conditions, and awareness programs about different types of brain disorders. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace due to increase in the geriatric population, rise in awareness among people, and increase in per capita expenditure. Additionally, economic growth supports improvement in health care infrastructure in developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, and South Africa. Hence, these factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the brain stimulators market in Asia Pacific and Rest of the World.
Major players operating in the global brain stimulators market include Medtronic plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA, Deep Brain Innovations, LLC, and SceneRay.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.