Brain Mapping Instruments Market: Introduction
- Brain mapping is an integral part of contemporary neurosurgery. Brain mapping provides essential information of the structure and function of a human brain.
- Brain mapping instruments identify abnormalities such as tumors, seizures, and physical injuries to the brain such as concussion
- Eloquent regions of the cortex such as motor, somatosensory, Wernicke’s, and Broca are mapped either preoperatively or intraoperative using brain mapping instruments. Significant technological advancements in brain mapping instruments is projected to boost the growth of the global brain mapping instruments market.
- Extensive adoption of non-invasive techniques such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and magnetoencephalography is anticipated to drive the global market during the forecast period, as these techniques can perform multiple neuroimaging tests with minimal discomfort to patient.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Brain Mapping Instruments Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market
- The global brain mapping instruments market is likely to be driven by increase in the geriatric population. Rise in the size and proportion of population aged 65 and above increases the prevalence of Alzheimer’s or dementia. Hence, rise in prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases is anticipated to drive the global brain mapping instruments market during the forecast period.
- According to Alzheimer’s Association estimates, population aged 65 and older in the U.S. is likely to increase from 55 million in 2019 to 88 million by 2050
- Increase in research activity in brain research drives demand for modern research methods such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). Moreover, different instruments are used for brain research to acquire comprehensive understanding. This in turn contributes to the growth of the global brain mapping instruments market.
- Rise in trend of rental contract agreement among manufacturers fuels the growth of the global brain mapping instruments market during the forecast period. According to rental contract agreement, end-users pay certain amount per brain mapping performed using brain mapping instruments installed free of cost by manufacturers. This helps low budget hospital and diagnostic labs to adopt advanced technology in brain mapping instruments without the need for capital investment.
North America to Capture Significant Share of Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market
- North America was the leading market for brain mapping instruments in 2018, driven by rise in adoption of technologically advanced devices for brain mapping. Moreover, rise in prevalence of neurological disorders in the geriatric population is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Favorable reimbursement policies of the U.S. Government for these instruments is anticipated to augment the market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to the Alzheimer’s Association, an estimated 5.8 million people in the U.S. are suffering from Alzheimer’s dementia
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for brain mapping instruments during the forecast period due to improving health care infrastructure. Rise in the number of diagnostic centers is likely to fuel the growth of the global brain mapping instruments market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Brain Mapping Instruments Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market
Major players in the global brain mapping instruments market are:
- General Electric Company
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc.
Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market: Research Scope
Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market, by Instrument Type
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI)
- Computed Axial Tomography (CAT)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Functional Near-infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
Global Brain Mapping Instruments Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.