Brain aneurysm is a bulging or balloon-like growth in humans, which appears typically in the areas where large arteries branch into smaller ones, generally observed at the base of the brain. Brain aneurysm is also known as cerebral aneurysm or intracranial aneurysm. Aneurysm has the potential to rupture, which causes bleeding in the surrounding sub-arachnoid space, generally resulting in brain damage or stroke. Sometimes, it may lead to even death. Brain aneurysm rarely has any symptoms until the swelling ruptures. However, double vision, localized headache, and cranial nerve palsy are a few symptoms of mass effect of brain aneurysm on adjacent neurological structures. Key causes of brain aneurysm include heredity, aging, atherosclerosis infection, and brain injury.
Ruptured brain aneurysm is a critical condition and in a few cases, it could be fatal. It is generally diagnosed with the help of magnetic resonance angiography, cerebral angiography, or computed tomography (CT) scan. Brain aneurysm is one of the leading causes of hemorrhagic stroke. According to UCSF Medical Center, approximately 3%–5% of people in the U.S. are affected by brain aneurysm every year. It is mostly prevalent in adults aged 35–60 years. It is also observed to be more prevalent in women than men, with a prevalence ratio of 3:2. According to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, 1 in 50 people in the U.S. have brain aneurysm. Of these, 40% of the cases are fatal and 60% of the cases suffer from a permanent neurological defect. Every year, 500,000 people die of brain aneurysm across the world. Of these, 50% people are aged 50 years or below. According to a research study conducted by Karger Journal, the rate of mortality after the conservative treatment in the first few months is 50%–60%.
The Federal government spends a mere US$ 0.83 per afflicted person per year on brain aneurysm research. Significant developments over the last few years with volumes of supporting data, rise in the adoption of advanced technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of brain aneurysm, and the genetic factor responsible for occurrence of the disease are factors fueling the brain aneurysm treatment market. On the other hand, high cost of the treatment and unrecognized symptoms of the brain aneurysm are considered to be major restraining factors for the market.
Based on treatment type, the brain aneurysm treatment market has been segmented into medication and surgery. The surgery segment has been sub-segmented into endovascular coiling, flow diverters, surgical clipping, and others. The flow diverters sub-segment has been further divided into silk flow diverters, pipeline embolization devices, and surpass flow diverters. The medication segment has been sub-segmented into analgesics, antiemetics, anti-seizure medications, calcium channel blockers, antacids, and others.
Based on type, the brain aneurysm treatment market has been segmented into unruptured aneurysm and ruptured aneurysm. The ruptured aneurysm segment holds a major market share, due to prominent symptoms of ruptured aneurysm and ease of diagnosis. However, advancing technologies in diagnostics and growing initiatives for regular health screenings are anticipated to propel the unruptured aneurysm segment during the forecast period. Based on end-user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others.
Based on geography, the brain aneurysm treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to availability of advanced screening processes, high health care expenditure, and rise in awareness about the disease in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing market for brain aneurysm treatment from 2017 to 2025, due to the rising number of patients, improved diagnosis, and developing health care infrastructure in the region.
Some of the key players operating in the brain aneurysm treatment market are Raumedic AG, DePuy Synthes, Integra Life Sciences Corporation, Orsan Medical Technologies, Spiegelberg GmbH, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Medtronic Plc., and Codman & Shurtleff, Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.