Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market: Introduction
- Brachytherapy is the oldest type of radiation therapy used to treat cancer and is suited as a single modality or in combination with other treatments such as external beam radiation therapy. Brachytherapy is conducted with a so-called afterloader, also known as a remote afterloading system. The very small radiation source is driven from a shielded safe – located inside the afterloader – directly into or next to the tumor with the help of applicators and catheters.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular disease and the proportion of deaths around the world due to cancer has increased for an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. More than 60 percent of the world’s new cancer cases occur in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America and 70 percent of the world’s cancer deaths also occur in these regions. Late-stage presentation and inaccessible diagnosis and treatment are common. In 2017, only 26% of low-income countries reported having pathology services generally available in the public sector. Additionally, pathology services are available in more than 90% of high-income countries compared to less than 30% of low-income countries. Each cancer type requires unique treatment. Hence, increase in prevalence of cancer and need of treatment are expected to increase. This is likely to provide significant opportunities for players in this market.
- Governments in developed countries such as the U.S. raise funds for cancer research to aid in the diagnosis and treatment. Clinical trials are also funded by governments to support companies in developing effective cancer diagnosis. Medicare and private payers cover cancer diagnosis services that are performed or controlled by a medical practitioner certified by the American Board. For Instance, in April 2016, the U.S. Government allocated US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI), a Federal Government agency, for cancer research and training. The budget increased by 5.3% as compared to the previous year. NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market Brochure
Prostate Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
- In terms of application, the prostate cancer segment is expected to dominate the global brachytherapy afterloaders market during the forecast period. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men. In 2018, an estimated 1,276,106 men worldwide diagnosed with prostate cancer. Approximately 60% of cases are diagnosed in men over 65. The average age of diagnosis is 66; the disease rarely occurs before age 40. For unknown reasons, the risk of prostate cancer is about 60% higher in African-American men than in Caucasian men.
North America to Lead Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
- Based on region, the global brachytherapy afterloaders market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global brachytherapy afterloaders market. The brachytherapy afterloaders market in North America is driven by a well-established health care infrastructure in the region. This has led to rise in number of surgeries, thereby boosting the region’s market share.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand due to growing patient pool of geriatric population, high incidence of cancer, and technological advancements
- The brachytherapy afterloaders market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness rapid growth, owing to rise in medical tourism, increase in efforts by governments of the developing countries to better the health care infrastructure, and technological advancements
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
The global brachytherapy afterloaders market is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategically important partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Panacea Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Theragenics Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- R. Bard, Inc.
- Best Medical International
Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market Scope
Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market, by Component
- Accessories & Consumables
Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market, by Product
- HDR (High dose rate) Afterloaders
- PDR (Pulsed-dose rate) Afterloaders
Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market, by Application
- Cervical Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Endometria Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Other Applications
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.