Bovine Pericardial Valve Market: Introduction
- Pericardium is a double layered, tough membrane which covers the heart. Porcine and bovine pericardium is harvested and processed as a biomaterial and used in various clinical applications. Bovine tissues are harvested from a sac surrounding the heart of a cow. Bovine pericardium is used for applications including dural closure, dental membranes, surgical buttressing, and bio-prosthetic heart valves.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market
- Unhealthy lifestyle and change in dietary habits lead to developing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Thus, increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and congenital heart defects are anticipated to drive the segment. For instance, according to the American Heart Association, Inc. in 2016, estimated 2,303 deaths occurred from CVD each day. Congenital heart defect is one of the leading causes of mortality and it is the most common type of birth defects. For instance, according to the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention, estimated 1% or 40,000 births per year are affected due to congenital heart diseases in the U.S. and ventricular septal defect (VSD) is the most common heart defect.
- Moreover, minimally invasive procedures are non-surgical procedures that facilitate minimal incision, shorter hospital stay, lesser complications after surgery, and faster recovery time. These factors increase the demand for minimally invasive surgeries. Thus, inclination toward minimally invasive surgeries is anticipated to drive the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Bovine Pericardial Valve Market Report
- Furthermore, increase in survival rate of replacement procedures leading to rise in adoption of valves among surgeons and patients are the key factors attributed to the growth pericardial valve market
- Rise in availability of advanced treatment options and specialty care services boosts the life expectancy rates across the world, and in turn, increases the geriatric population. For instance, according to the National Institutes of Health-funded bureau report, 8.5% of people across the world are aged 65 or more and it is likely to rise to 17% of the world’s population by 2050. The risk of cardiovascular diseases increases with age. Thus, surge in geriatric population is anticipated to boost the growth of the market.
- Increase in awareness about disease prevention and improvement in health care infrastructure have been observed in emerging countries, owing to favorable government intervention. Emerging regions have witnessed socioeconomic development. However, these regions exhibit high unmet medical needs and rise in health care-related customer expectations. Prevalence of heart valve diseases in the emerging markets is high due to increase in population and changing lifestyles (such as food habits and environmental conditions). Investment in training programs for surgeons and to improve health care infrastructure are major opportunities for key players in these emerging markets. Furthermore, increase in demand for heart valve repair procedures offers growth opportunities for the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global bovine pericardial valve market due to high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and adoption of advance therapeutics. Furthermore, presence of key market players is likely fuel the growth of market
- The bovine pericardial valve market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in awareness about cardiovascular diseases and surge in geriatric population. Furthermore, sedentary lifestyle leading to increased prevalence of diseases is likely boost the growth of the market in the region.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Bovine Pericardial Valve Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market
The global bovine pericardial valve market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. For instance, in July 2019, Shanghai MicroPort CardioFlow Medtech Co., Ltd received approval from National Medical Products Administration of China (NMPA) for VitaFlow Transcatheter Aortic Valve and Delivery System.
Major players operating in the global bovine pericardial valve market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Labcor Laboratórios Ltd
- LivaNova PLC
Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market: Research Scope
Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market, by Stent Material
Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market, by Application
- Atrioseptal Defects (ASDs)
- Ventricular Septal Defects (VSDs)
Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Bovine Pericardial Valve Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.