Border screening is a service where people with suspected cases of quarantine of their contact and diseases are identified and are isolated in order to prevent the entry of the infected persons to a geographic region or country. Border screening also includes security screening where screening is undertaken to avoid human, economic and financial losses. The reason behind the need of border screening is to identify the suspected threats of security and the infected persons at the border. One such instance is the identification of Ebola virus that has already created epidemic in many part of the world. During the SARS epidemic, numerous countries introduce border measures, including educational information for travelers, border screening and travel warnings.
The border screening market is primarily driven by the increasing awareness among public. Growing risk of epidemic through viruses is allowing public to think about it. Awareness among public regarding the diseases is increasing rapidly and they are supporting the border screening services in order to prevent diseases from spreading. Many countries have implemented the border screening in response to the SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) of 2003 and the H1N1 influenza virus pandemic of 2009. Involvement of various government regulatory bodies is also fuelling the need of border screening market globally. Rising epidemic is a major concern for the world due to which investments are made on border screening market so as to improve the screening technologies and prevent the unwanted diseases from spreading. During the Ebola virus epidemic in August 2014, the World Health Organization recommended border exit screening of travelers from affected countries. Border screening is carried out through self-identification through airline/transit agency notification to health authorities of sick passengers, health declaration cards, fever screening of travelers executed by means of infrared thermal image scanners and visual inspection of travelers. Moreover, increasing terrorism globally has also boosted the need of border security screening in the past couple of years. Use of x-ray scanner, explosive trace detector helps in identifying the suspected risk of threats at airport, borders check in and checkout points. Security screening is used to avoid and stop unethical practices and smuggling that takes place in a large extent.
The major restraining factor in this market is the high cost of screening. These screening measures are very expensive and are highly interfering measure when used screening of travelers. Another restraining factor of border screening is that border screening sometimes unable to detect the suspected threats or affected persons as they are asymptomatic but are infectious. This is due to the lower sensitivity screening and might have transmitted the disease to someone else before they are detected and isolated.
Advancement of technology is acting as major opportunities in the border screening market. Newer technology will reduce the waiting time for screening procedure at the time of check in and check out. Also with the help of technological advancement accurate screening is possible with reduced chances of error.
Based on system type the border screening market is segmented into Advance Passenger Information System (APIS), Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT), Arrival and Departure Information System (ADIS), Automated Targeting System (ATS), Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS):, Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) among others. On the basis of product type the market is bifurcated into X-Ray screening systems, electromagnetic metal detector, explosive trace detector, biometric systems and others. Moreover, on the basis of application the market is bifurcated into airport, border check point, educational institutes and others. The geographic region is segmented in to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
Some of the major players in the border screening market are Analogic Corporation, Argus Global Pty Ltd., Digital Barriers PLC., Implant Sciences Corporation, Smiths Detection, Safran SA, American Science and Engineering, Inc., Aware Incorporation., OSI Systems, Inc. among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.