Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Bone metastasis is a type of cancer that occurs when cancer cells from other parts of the body affect the bone. Bone metastasis is also called metastatic bone disease or secondary bone cancer.
- Almost all types of cancers can spread to the bone. However, particular types of cancer such as breast cancer and prostate cancer spread rapidly to the bone.
- Bone metastasis occurs to the people who were diagnosed with cancer early in their life. Also, the patients with advanced stage cancer are more prone to develop bone metastasis.
- The bone metastasis can occur to any bone, but it commonly affects the bones in thighs, pelvis, and spine.
- Bone metastasis is of two different types – osteoblastic bone metastasis which occurs due to metastasized prostate cancer and osteolytic bone metastasis caused due to metastasized breast cancer
- Common symptoms of bone metastasis are bone pain, broken bone, urinary and bowel incontinence, weakness in the legs and arms, and high levels of calcium in the blood
- The treatment of bone metastasis is aimed at providing the patient a quality and longer life
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of underlying causes of bone metastasis such as breast cancer and prostate cancer
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, more than 2.1 million women are diagnosed with breast cancer. In 2018, around 627,000 women died due to breast cancer across the globe.
- According to Globocan, globally around 1,276,106 new cases of prostate cancer were reported in 2018. Thus, high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of bone metastasis across the globe is one the key factors estimated to drive the bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period.
- Also, technological advancements in early diagnosis of bone metastasis, new product development, and strong clinical trial pipeline products for the treatment of bone metastasis are likely to boost the growth of the market
Osteoblastic Bone Metastasis Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of cancer type, the global bone metastasis treatment market can be segmented into osteoblastic bone metastasis and osteolytic bone metastasis. The osteoblastic bone metastasis segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The osteoblastic bone metastasis is caused due to underlying breast cancer in women. High prevalence of breast cancer compared to other types of cancers is estimated to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Chemotherapy Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of therapy, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into chemotherapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radiopharmaceuticals, and others. The others segment comprises bisphosphonate drugs and denosumab drugs.
- The chemotherapy segment is projected to dominate the global bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Bone Metastasis Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of breast cancer and prostate cancer in the region, well established health care facilities in the region, early adoption of technologically advanced products for the diagnosis of cancer, and high awareness about the cancer are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The bone metastasis treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapidly growing number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, improving health care infrastructure, and rapidly growing population with cancer in China and India are the key factors driving the market in Asia Pacific.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is highly consolidated with a few international players holding key market share of the global market. Key players operating in global bone metastasis treatment market are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Allergan plc.
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Cancer Type
- Osteoblastic Bone Metastasis
- Osteolytic Bone Metastasis
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Others (bisphosphonate drugs and denosumab drugs)
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.