Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Bone metastasis is a type of cancer that occurs when cancer cells from other parts of the body affect the bone. Bone metastasis is also called metastatic bone disease or secondary bone cancer.
- Almost all types of cancers can spread to the bone. However, particular types of cancer such as breast cancer and prostate cancer spread rapidly to the bone.
- Bone metastasis occurs to the people who were diagnosed with cancer early in their life. Also, the patients with advanced stage cancer are more prone to develop bone metastasis.
- The bone metastasis can occur to any bone, but it commonly affects the bones in thighs, pelvis, and spine.
- Bone metastasis is of two different types – osteoblastic bone metastasis which occurs due to metastasized prostate cancer and osteolytic bone metastasis caused due to metastasized breast cancer
- Common symptoms of bone metastasis are bone pain, broken bone, urinary and bowel incontinence, weakness in the legs and arms, and high levels of calcium in the blood
- The treatment of bone metastasis is aimed at providing the patient a quality and longer life
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of underlying causes of bone metastasis such as breast cancer and prostate cancer
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, more than 2.1 million women are diagnosed with breast cancer. In 2018, around 627,000 women died due to breast cancer across the globe.
- According to Globocan, globally around 1,276,106 new cases of prostate cancer were reported in 2018. Thus, high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of bone metastasis across the globe is one the key factors estimated to drive the bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period.
- Also, technological advancements in early diagnosis of bone metastasis, new product development, and strong clinical trial pipeline products for the treatment of bone metastasis are likely to boost the growth of the market
Osteoblastic Bone Metastasis Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of cancer type, the global bone metastasis treatment market can be segmented into osteoblastic bone metastasis and osteolytic bone metastasis. The osteoblastic bone metastasis segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The osteoblastic bone metastasis is caused due to underlying breast cancer in women. High prevalence of breast cancer compared to other types of cancers is estimated to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Chemotherapy Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of therapy, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into chemotherapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radiopharmaceuticals, and others. The others segment comprises bisphosphonate drugs and denosumab drugs.
- The chemotherapy segment is projected to dominate the global bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Bone Metastasis Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of breast cancer and prostate cancer in the region, well established health care facilities in the region, early adoption of technologically advanced products for the diagnosis of cancer, and high awareness about the cancer are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The bone metastasis treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapidly growing number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, improving health care infrastructure, and rapidly growing population with cancer in China and India are the key factors driving the market in Asia Pacific.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is highly consolidated with a few international players holding key market share of the global market. Key players operating in global bone metastasis treatment market are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Allergan plc.
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Cancer Type
- Osteoblastic Bone Metastasis
- Osteolytic Bone Metastasis
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Others (bisphosphonate drugs and denosumab drugs)
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.