Global Bone Hammers Market: Introduction
A hammer is an instrument used by physicians to test deep tendon reflexes. Bone hammer is an important tool used in medical science. It is used during neurological examination in order to detect abnormalities in the nervous system. The doctors tap the tendon that connects the muscle to the bone, which causes the muscle to stretch slightly. This sends a nerve impulse to the spinal cord where it triggers a motor impulse that returns via a parallel nerve and causes the muscle to twitch. A faulty reflex is not a conclusion that you have one of the problems. However, a bad reflex indicates the doctor to investigate further.
Key Drivers of Global Bone Hammers Market
Increase in Rate of Paget Disease of Bone
Paget's disease of bone is a chronic disease of the skeleton. In a healthy bone, a process called remodeling removes old pieces of bone and replaces them with new, fresh bone. Paget's disease occurs only rarely in people under 40 years of age. It is more common as people age. Paget’s disease most often affects older people, occurring in approximately 2 to 3% of the population over the age of 55. A study conducted in 2000 by Altman et al stated that the prevalence of pelvic Paget disease in the U.S. was 0.71% ± 0.18%, based on data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I (NHANES I, 1971-1975). The male-to-female ratio was 1.2:1, and the prevalence of pelvic Paget disease was the same in Caucasian’ and ‘African American.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Incidence of Ailments Associated with Bones
Globally, 200 million women suffer from osteoporosis. Across the globe, an osteoporotic fracture is estimated to occur every 3 seconds. 14 million women in the U.S. are affected by low bone density at the hip. Osteoporosis and its significance of breakage represent a worldwide public health problem, because breakage is related with increased mortality, connected morbidity, and reduced superiority of life. Osteoporosis affects millions of people across the world. It is described by low bone mass and micro-architectural deterioration of bone tissue, leading to fragility of the bone and a consequent increase in risk of fracture. By 2020, one in two Americans over age 50 is expected to have or be at risk of developing osteoporosis of the hip; even more will be at risk of developing osteoporosis at any site in the skeleton.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Bone Hammers Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global bone hammers market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in incidence of bone disorders. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The bone hammers market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of orthopedic conditions.
Key Players Operating in Global Bone Hammers Market
The global bone hammers market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global bone hammers market include:
- Nupla Co.
- Klein Tools Co.
- Ludell Pvt. Ltd.
- Husky Ltd.
- TEKTON Inc.
- Hart Associates
- Razor-Back Co
Global Bone Hammers Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Hammers Market, by Type
- All Stainless Steel
- Plastic Wood Handle Stainless Steel
Global Bone Hammers Market, by Type
Global Bone Hammers Market, by End-user
- Specialty clinics
Global Bone Hammers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.