Bone Growth Stimulators Market
Bone Growth Stimulators Market (Product: Devices [External Devices and Implantable Devices], Bone Morphogenetic Protein, and Platelet-rich Plasma [PRP]; Application: Spinal Fusion Surgeries, Delayed Union & Nonunion Bone Fractures, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeries, and Others; and End User: Hospitals & Clinics, Home Care, and Academic & Research Institutes and CROs) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Companies Combine Spinal Fusion Therapy Devices with PEMF Technology
There is a growing demand for treatments that offer tissue regeneration. Since pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) external devices product segment is projected for aggressive growth in the bone growth stimulators market, healthcare providers are becoming increasingly aware about its advantages.
On the other hand, spine fusion surgeries segment is estimated to account for the second-highest revenue among all applications in the bone growth stimulators market. Thus, emergence of regenerative technologies is contributing toward market growth. Companies in the market for bone growth stimulators are increasing research for the development of stem cell treatments for spinal disorders. They are increasing R&D in biologics and disc regeneration to provide relief in patients suffering from spinal disorders.
Companies in the market for bone growth stimulators are innovating in therapies that offer healing during fusion procedures. For instance, Orthofix - a provider of reconstructive and regenerative solutions, announced the launch of SpinalStim™ and CervicalStim™, which are novel spinal fusion therapy devices. Companies are introducing the PEMF technology in these spinal fusion therapy devices to bolster their clinical score in the global market landscape.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Bone Growth Stimulator Market
PEMF Devices Offer Long-term Relief to Osteoporosis Patients
Due to complications associated with bone regeneration due to age, diabetes or radiation treatment from cancer, companies in the bone growth stimulators market are innovating in pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy to improve clinical scores. As such, PEMF devices come under the broader category of devices in the bone growth stimulators market, which command the largest revenue among other external devices.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
PEMF therapy is gaining increased popularity in the market for bone growth stimulators as a safe and non-invasive option to reduce pain and inflammation in patients. On the other hand, it has been found that use of PEMF devices speeds up the healing of cervical spine surgical fusions. PEMF devices are acquiring prominence in the field of osteoporosis. Hence, companies in the market for bone growth stimulators are developing PEMF stimulation devices that help to heal nonunions and even the bone density in osteoporosis patients. Significant improvements in bone fusion after PEMF therapy is improving the quality of life of patients even after discontinuation of the stimulation.
Intra-articular PRP Injections Improve Outcome in Patients Suffering from Knee Osteoarthritis
With prolongation of life expectancy in humans, high prevalence of degenerative joint diseases has increased. Due to growing incidences of pain associated with joint diseases, companies in the bone growth stimulators market are increasing the availability of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and prolotherapy regenerative injection-based therapies. PRP is gaining popularity as an effective therapy of musculoskeletal pain management. As such, PRP segment is likely to witness exponential growth during the forecast period and the global bone growth stimulators market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2.1 Bn by the end of 2027.
Companies in the market for bone growth stimulators are increasing the availability of intra-articular PRP injection, which is found to be effective in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. However, side effects and risks of allergic reactions associated with PRP injections pose as a restraint for healthcare companies. Hence, companies are increasing awareness about the contraindications of PRP injections and are highly recommending doctor’s consultation before adopting the therapy.
Personalized Electric Stimulation Devices Gain Prominence in Bone Growth Stimulators Market
Capacitive coupling devices are being increasingly used in combination with implantable biomedical systems for personalized electrical stimulation in the market for bone growth stimulators. This trend has given rise to electromagnetic stimulation (E-Stim), which is achieved with the help of direct current coupling, inductive coupling, and capacitive coupling devices. As such, the capacitive coupling devices product segment is expected to dominate the bone growth stimulators market, in terms of revenue during the forecast period.
Technological innovations have given rise to the development of cosurface capacitive electrode architecture in novel personalized electric stimulation systems. These new capacitive electrode architectures are overcoming the limitations of conventional devices and offer greater amount of different stimuli according to varying waveforms. Thus, personalized electric stimulation devices are growing popular as non-complex designs in the bone growth stimulators market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Bone Growth Stimulator Market
The bone growth stimulators market is expected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. Companies should increase the availability of bone fusion therapies in North America and Asia Pacific, since the bone growth stimulators market in both regions is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period.Closed-loop spinal cord stimulation are gaining prominence as a popular treatment for chronic pain with the help of implantable devices that provide electrical stimulus to the spinal cord. However, unsatisfactory outcomes, owing to sub-therapeutic and overstimulation events act as a challenge for healthcare companies. Thus, companies should increase awareness about closed-loop stimulation to deploy better communication between the device and the spinal cord, which helps to improve patient outcomes.
Bone Growth Stimulators Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario of and future growth prospects for the global bone growth stimulators market
- Increase in prevalence of orthopedic diseases, high demand for platelet-rich plasma, and rise in adoption of bone growth stimulators for the treatment of bone fractures are key factors that are projected to drive the global bone growth stimulators market during the forecast period
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global bone growth stimulators market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global bone growth stimulators market with respect to segments based on product, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global bone growth stimulators market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about business strategies, product portfolios, and financials of players operating in the global bone growth stimulators market and competition landscape of the market
- The report on the global bone growth stimulators market offers attractiveness analysis of different segments of the market across regions
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global bone growth stimulators market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major market players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competition scenario in the global bone growth stimulators market.
Bone Growth Stimulators Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product, the global bone growth stimulators market has been segmented into devices, bone morphogenetic protein (BMP), and platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The devices segment is further sub-segmented into external devices and implantable devices. External devices can be further divided into pulsed electromagnetic field devices, combined magnetic field devices, capacitive coupling devices, and ultrasonic devices. The devices segment accounted for major market share in 2018.
- Increase in prevalence of spinal injuries, increase in demand for external devices for treatment and technological advancements in pulsed electromagnetic field and combined magnetic field devices are likely to fuel the growth of the devices segment during the forecast period
- In terms of application, the global bone growth stimulators market has been segmented into spinal fusion surgeries, delayed union & nonunion bone fractures, oral & maxillofacial surgeries, and others. The spinal fusion surgeries segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. The growth of the segment can be attributed to shift from invasive to minimally invasive spinal surgeries, expansion of product portfolio by prominent bone stimulator manufacturers, and increase in demand for bone growth therapies for spinal fusion.
- Based on end user, the global bone growth stimulators market has been classified into hospitals & clinics, home care, and academic & research institutes and CROs. The hospitals & clinics accounted for a major market share in 2018 and the segment is projected to continue its dominance in the near future. The home care segment is likely to gain significant growth in bone growth stimulators market, owing to an increase in availability of easy-to-use, convenient & safe bone stimulators and rise in awareness about external bone growth stimulators for home use.
- Market size and forecast for each of the segments of the global bone growth stimulators market have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of the respective segment in bone growth stimulators market has also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Bone Growth Stimulators Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global bone growth stimulators market has been divided into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region of the global bone growth stimulators market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The report provides size and forecast of the bone growth stimulators market in each region and country/sub-region for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR for the market in each of these regions and countries/sub-regions has also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027. The study also covers the market competition scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Report on Bone Growth Stimulators Market
- Key players in the global bone growth stimulators market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global bone growth stimulators market report are
- Zimmer Biomet
- DJO Global
- Medtronic plc
- Terumo Corporation
- Bioventus, Inc.
- Orthofix Medical Inc.
- Ossatec Benelux BV
- BTT Health GmbH
- Stimulate Health
Bone Growth Stimulators Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global bone growth stimulators market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global bone growth stimulators market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global bone growth stimulators market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global bone growth stimulators market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global bone growth stimulators market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global bone growth stimulators market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global bone growth stimulators market. The next section of the global bone growth stimulators market report highlights the USPs, which include reimbursement scenario, regulatory scenario, and product feature/USPs in bone growth stimulators.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global bone growth stimulators market. Key players operating in the global bone growth stimulators market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global bone growth stimulators market report.
Key Questions Answered in Bone Growth Stimulators Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global bone growth stimulators market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the bone growth stimulators market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How alliances & partnerships among players are widening the scope for bone growth stimulators?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global bone growth stimulators market?
Bone Growth Stimulators Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global bone growth stimulators market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope, and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global bone growth stimulators market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global bone growth stimulators market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global bone growth stimulators market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends in the bone growth stimulators market. The next section of the global bone growth stimulators report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancement, reimbursement scenario, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global bone growth stimulators market in terms of product, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been also provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the bone growth stimulators market.
Bone Growth Stimulators Market - Segmentation
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Devices
Combined Magnetic Field Devices
Capacitive Coupling Devices
Bone Morphogenetic Protein
Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
Spinal Fusion Surgeries
Delayed Union & Nonunion Bone Fractures
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeries
Hospitals & Clinics
Academic & Research Institutes and CROs
Middle East & Africa