Bone Bone-anchored hearing aids are surgically implantable devices designed to treat hearing loss. This device works by transmitting the sound received through bone conduction to the nerve fibers in the inner ears. The bone-anchored hearing device is a niche segment in the bone-anchored hearing aids market. The bone-anchored hearing device consists of an externally worn receiver and a sound processor. The sound processor resembles a standard behind-the-ear hearing aid, and there is an external abutment that helps the titanium implant to vibrate. It takes approximately 3 to 4 months for the implant to get fused with the living bone, and the process is termed as osseointegration. Once the bone-anchored hearing aid is osseointegrated, the implant conducts sound to the inner ear via the bone. Hence, the sound travels the inner bone without involving the ear canal or the middle ear. The hearing aids were approved by the FDA in 2002 for treating unilateral sensorineural hearing loss.
The growth of the bone-anchored hearing aids market is attributed to the increasing prevalence of hearing loss in children and older population. According to the WHO, annually 360 million individuals are affected with hearing loss, accounting for 5.3% of the total world population. An article published in CDC, stated that during the span of 1997 to 2007, 2 to 3 of 1,000 children, who were born in the U.S., faced hearing loss in one or both ears. Increasing customization in the product has proven beneficial for the users. The customization of hearing devices are done according to the users. For instance, in case of older people, the bone-anchored devices are designed in a way that they help in increasing the quality of digital sound. In addition, increasing demand for aesthetic hearing aids has propelled the growth of the bone-anchored hearing aids market.
The global bone-anchored hearing aids market is segmented according to raw material, end-user, and geography. In terms of material, the global market is segmented into titanium alloy, ceramics composites, and others. In terms of end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals and medical centers. According to geography, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Globally, North America dominates the bone-anchored hearing aids market. Since technology is widely used in countries such as the U.S. and Canada, the demand for bone-anchored hearing aids is higher in North America. Increased use of medical technology and improved and developed health care are attributed for the market growth in Europe. Increasing health care services and rising patient pool are major drivers for the market growth in Asia Pacific. Hence, Asia Pacific is an emerging market for bone-anchored hearing aids during the forecast period. Rising health care infrastructure and facilities in Latin America are factors which are expected to drive the market growth in the region. Middle East & Africa is a slow growing market due to slow growth of economy in the countries of the region.
Major players operating in the bone-anchored hearing aids market are AUDITDATA, Cochlear Limited, GN ReSound, MED-EL Medical Electronics, Natus Medical Incorporated, Sivantos Group, Sonova Holding AG, Advanced Bionics Corporation, Phonak AG, Starkey Hearing Technologies, Widex, William Demant Holding, Bernafon AG, and Sonic Innovations.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.