Body Temperature Sensor: Introduction
- Temperature is one of the oldest diagnostic parameter and an important indicator of human health and disease, both in the context of medical care and in everyday life
- Body temperature can be divided into skin surface and core body temperature. Mammals, including humans, are homoeothermic. Humans need constant internal body temperature.
- Core temperature is regulated by the hypothalamus. Hypothalamus is the regulatory center of the body. The temperature of the skin usually varies between 33.5°C to 36.9°C. The temperature of the skin surface is lower over superficial veins as compared to the temperature over superficial arteries. It is also lower over markedly curved and protruding parts such as ears, nose, toes, and fingers.
- Wearable thermometers are popular devices to monitor basal temperature as well as to measure body temperature during fever. Wearable temperature sensors are accurate, inexpensive, easy to handle, and provide continuous recordings. Numerous types of wearable thermometers are available such as patch, touch, and invisible (radiometric) types.
- Interest in wearable health-care technology has been increasing for the last few years. Thus, demand for non-invasive wearable health systems to monitor vital signs of geriatric individuals is rising.
Key Drivers of Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market
- Increase in number of infectious diseases is projected to drive the demand for body temperature sensor patch during the forecast period
- Currently, the world is facing a pandemic situation due to COVID-19 disease, caused by a virus called coronavirus. The first and most common symptom of COVID-19 is low-grade fever that increases gradually.
- In 2016, the Zika virus outbreak was associated with the rise in body temperature
- Hence, an increase in the number of infectious diseases, including Zika virus and coronavirus, is estimated to boost the demand for body temperature sensor patch and consequently, drive the body temperature sensor patch market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization, diseases such as malaria, HIV, hepatitis, tuberculosis (TB), and neglected tropical diseases, such as leishmaniasis, are still serious health threats. These diseases collectively accounted for 4.3 million deaths in 2016, down from 5.3 million in 2010.
Reusable Body Temperature Sensor Patch Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global body temperature sensor patch market can be classified into reusable body temperature sensor patch and disposable body temperature sensor patch.
- The reusable body temperature sensor patch segment is expected to dominate the global body temperature sensor patch market during the forecast period
- Advantages of reusable body temperature sensor patch, such as continuous remote monitoring of body temperature, portable charger, and rechargeable battery, are expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market
- In terms of region, the global body temperature sensor patch market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global body temperature sensor patch market during the forecast period.
- Increase in focus by governments on improving healthcare infrastructure, technological advancements, and presence of strong vendors are expected to drive the body temperature sensor patch market in the region during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market
The global body temperature sensor patch market is concentrated with the presence of well-established international and few local players. Key players operating in the global body temperature sensor patch market are:
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Blue Spark Technologies, Inc.
- Isansys Lifecare
Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market: Research Scope
Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market, by Product Type
- Reusable Body Temperature Sensor Patch
- Disposable Body Temperature Sensor Patch
Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market, by End-user
- Home care
Global Body Temperature Sensor Patch Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.