Blow Molding Machine Market
Blow Molding Machine Market (Type: Extrusion, Injection, and Stretch; Raw Material: Polyethylene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polypropylene, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polystyrene, and Others; and End-use Industry: Packaging, Transportation, Building & Construction, Electrical & Electronic, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Essential Cleaning Items Fuel Demand for Blow Molding Machines amidst COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has doubled the demand for blow molding, flexible packaging, and beverage machineries. The demand for used blow molding machines of all kinds such as injection-stretch and extrusion is surging, as consumers are in need of essential goods such as hand soaps, sanitizers, and other cleaning products. An unprecedented demand for cleaning and sanitizing products has created value-grab opportunities for companies in the blow molding machine market. Since individuals are spending most of their time at home while self-quarantining, the demand for beverages including juices, water, and beer is also growing.
Injection molding machines for producing crates is also expected to have a high demand, since people are quickly finishing their essential inventories. The producer of stretch blow molding systems Sidel has transformed its international center of excellence into a production facility for molding PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) hand sanitizer bottles. Thus, the blow molding machine market is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Blow Molding Machine Market
High-speed Stretch Blow Molding Machines Keep Costs Low and Improve Output
Innovations in stretch blow molding machines are becoming increasingly commonplace. These machines are attracting investor sentiment, as these systems are capable of producing superior-quality bottles used in F&B, packaging, and transportation applications. The blow molding machine market is expected to mature with enhanced precision and speed in systems, and reach a value of US$ 65.1 Bn by 2030. Plastic manufacturers are preferring flexibility and repeatability in stretch blow molding machines. The revolutionary technology in machines is creating incremental opportunities for companies in the automotive, beverage, healthcare, and cosmetics sectors.
Maximum cavitation is attracting investor sentiment in the blow molding machine market. Canadian machine manufacturing company Pet All Manufacturing Inc., is gaining proficiency to develop high-speed stretch blow molding machines that ensure quick changing of molds sans the need for tools. Thus, cost-efficiency and high-speed operation of advanced stretch blow molding machines is being recognized by plastic manufacturers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Appropriately Sized Pneumatic Components Ensure Constant Compressed Air Supply
Blow molding machines are being designed to meet the demand in beverage and non-beverage applications. However, maintaining a constancy of the compressed air is potentially challenging for plastic manufacturers. Hence, companies in the blow molding machine market are increasing the availability of both low-pressure and high-pressure systems that do not impact other processes. Since PET–bottle blowing applications are fast moving, manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to develop advanced blow molding machines.
Companies in the blow molding machine market are developing systems that are ideal for compressed air recirculation, which ensures recycling of the air back into the plant’s low-pressure system. Localized air receivers and appropriately sized pneumatic components can help reduce the incidence of pressure drop in PET blow molding applications. Machine manufacturers must seek the consultation of experts to identify and measure pressure drop in a blow molding machine.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Blow Molding Machine Market
New Foam Blow Molding Technology Allows Weight Savings in Containers
The blow molding machine market is witnessing a transformation with the introduction of new foam blow molding technologies that are innovative and highly economical. For instance, W. MÜLLER GmbH - a provider of solutions for the blow molding technology, aims to successfully foam blow mold containers with the help of their tri-layer technology. Thin cover layers combined with a foamed core ensure high rigidity in containers and help reduce their weight.
The advanced blow molding technology is eliminating the need for chemical blowing agents where the middle layer of containers is foamed with nitrogen in a purely physical process. This technology bodes well with companies in the blow molding machine market, as this environment-friendly technique adheres to the prevailing food packaging laws. Foamed bottles require less cycle and blow time, which helps to validate the economic justification of the equipment.
Low Maintenance of Full Electric Systems Highly Preferred by Plastic Manufacturers
Full electric blow molding machines are creating business opportunities for companies. Parker Plastic Machinery Co. Ltd.- a professional manufacturer of blow molding machine turnkey solutions in Taiwan, is promoting its full electric blow molding machines in the market and acquiring popularity for its high-performance hydraulic power saving system. Companies in the blow molding machine market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture full electric systems with low energy consumption as compared to traditional hydraulic machines.
The extremely low maintenance full electric blow molding machines are highly preferred by plastic manufacturers, as these systems lead to no oil pollution. Companies in the blow molding machine market are focusing on full electric systems. These systems lead to no oil leaking problems and save the maintenance costs of plastic manufacturers.
Hybrid Systems Used Extensively in Production of Jerry Cans and Household Containers
Years of engineering experience is needed for deploying innovations in stretch blow molding machines. Tech-Long Inc.- a manufacturer of beverage packing machines in Asia, holds strong business grounds in the U.S. and Europe, and is innovating in its blow molding machines that produce flat bottles and extra-large containers for beverage and non-beverage applications. Companies in the blow molding machine market are designing systems that produce asymmetric bottles based on the preferential heating technology.
On the other hand, companies in the blow molding machine market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture hybrid systems. They are specializing in machines that cater to polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate, and polyvinyl chloride materials, among others. Equipment manufacturers are exploring incremental opportunities by developing systems that produce jerry cans, edible oil containers, toys, and household containers.
The unprecedented demand for sanitizing and cleaning products has fueled the adoption of blow molding machines to manufacture hand soaps, sanitizers, and hydrogels. Full electric blow molding systems are gaining popularity in the market. The blow molding machine market is expected to grow at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. As such, the unpredictable expansion of the extrusion molding technology called die swelling acts as a restraint for plastic production. Hence, companies should accept significant levels of deviation from product dimensions or tolerance to avoid issues of die swelling. Low cost attributes of the extrusion molding technology has catalyzed the demand for blow molding machines.
Blow Molding Machine Market: Overview
- The blow molding process primarily involves the use of heated liquid material that is forced into a mold cavity under pressure. In this process, specifically designed blow molding machines are utilized to manufacture plastic and glass components.
- Raw material used in the blow molding process is plastic in the form of powder or pallets. Often, in case of blow molding, this raw material is called parison. Some common materials used are high density polyethylene (HDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and polyethylene terephtalate (PET).
- Blow molding can be carried out through various processes, one such process being extrusion blow molding (EBM). It involves extruding heated plastic into a parison. This is a common molding process employed in the manufacturing industry due to its ability to mass produce objects of same shape and size.
Rise in Demand for Plastics in FMCG Industry to Drive Blow Molding Machine Market
- Blow molding machines are primarily used to manufacture plastic bottles made from polyethylene, polypropylene, and polyethylene terephthalate. These bottles are further utilized to store different products such as fruit juices, soups, sauces, and water. Attributes of polyethylene bottles include excellent resistance to dilute and concentrated acids, alcohols, bases and esters, and stronger tensile strength. These make polyethylene an ideal material for production of plastic bottles.
- Polyethylene terephthalate is extensively utilized in plastic bottling of soft drinks and specialty bottling such as beer containers. Polyethylene terephthalate is a lightweight, non-reactive, shatterproof, and cost-effective material. These qualities make polyethylene terephthalate an ideal material for flexible food packaging and thermal insulation. Polyethylene terephthalate containers are popular for packaging sodas, water, juices, hand washes, etc. These factors are boosting the demand for plastics in packaging applications, thereby propelling the demand for blow molded plastics.
Rise in Usage and Production of Plastic Globally to Fuel Blow Molding Machine Market Growth
- Consumption of plastics has been rising at a significant pace since the last two decades. Currently, plastics play an important role in all aspects of modern lifestyle.
- Plastics are primarily used in the manufacture of numerous products, which include protective packaging, mobile phones, insulation materials in buildings, lightweight and safety components in cars, domestic appliances, medical devices, and furniture items
- Rise in plastic consumption in building & construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries is projected to boost the market during the forecast period
- According to the International Trade Centre (ITC), the trade of plastics and its products was valued at US$ 655.79 Bn in 2018, an annual increase of over 9% from that in 2017
- Thus, rise in usage of plastics and its production is expected to fuel the manufacture of plastic products in the near future. In turn, this is likely to augment the blow molding machine market.
Processing Limitation of Blow Molding Machines and Presence of Substitutes to Hamper Blow Molding Machine Market Growth
- The blow molding process is limited to hollow parts. Therefore, these machines are suitable for the production of only hollow parts and not for solid parts. This is a major limitation of the blow molding machine market. Furthermore, blow molding machine experiences difficulties with wall thickness, which is difficult to control at the time of processing of plastic parts.
- Injection blow molding machine is considered a potential substitute for blow molding machine. In this method, the plastic material used is higher in density as compared to the plastic used in blow molded products. Injection blow molding machine is ideally used in the manufacture of plastic parts with high precision. Furthermore, labor cost is much less in injection blow molding machines. This makes it an ideal molding machine over blow molding machine.
- Major substitutes of blow molding machines are injection molding and rotomolding machines. Rotomolding machines are primarily used in the production of tanks of large holding capacities, while the usage of blow molding is limited to a lesser range of holding capacity.
Market Penetration and Development of Products to Provide Opportunities for Blow Molding Machine Market
- Key players operating in the global blow molding machine market need to focus on untapped markets in order to gain higher market share. Furthermore, companies need to leverage rising demand from end-use industries such as agriculture, building & construction, packaging, and transportation. New players can enter the market by improving wall thickness and cycle times, and produce machines in compliance with Industry 4.0 standards. For instance, on July 22, 2019, Meccanoplastica, a leading producer of blow molding machines, announced the launch of blow molding machines that are manufactured in accordance with Industry 4.0 rules, at K-2019, the world’s No. 1 Trade Fair for Plastics and Rubber.
- Established players are investing in R&D activities to develop innovative solutions to reduce cost of production of blow molding machines and improve the quality of the existing line of blow molding machines. Manufacturers operating in the market can introduce new range of blow molding machines that use bio-plastic as raw material to manufacture greener blow molded products.
- Thus, market penetration and development of products is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global blow molding machine market during the forecast period
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Blow Molding Machine Market
- On July 22, 2019, Bekum Maschinenfabrik GmbH announced it had launched a newly designed blow molding machine for packaging called Concept 808 at K2019, the world’s leading trade fair for plastics and rubber. The new machine has an intuitive touchscreen called Bekum Control 8.0 and multi-cavity three-layer application.
- In December 2017, Jomar Corp. announced the launch of a new injection blow molding machine called the TechnoDrive 65 IBM. This machine is the high-speed, high-production version of the Jomar Model 65. The TechnoDrive 65 is Jomar’s most popular machine size for India and Asia. The TechnoDrive 65 IBM machines have a dry cycle time of just 1.8 seconds, a full second faster than the standard hydraulic Jomar 65. The standard hydraulic Jomar 65 is already among the fastest IBM machines in comparable sizes. This high-yield machine further widens the gap and increases Jomar’s lead for having the highest output per square foot among injection blow mold machines.
North America is Highly Lucrative Region of Blow Molding Machine Market
- North America is projected to be a highly lucrative region of the global blow molding machine market during the forecast period. Majority of manufacturers operating in North America are extensively engaged in launch of new product lines of blow molding machines for the global plastic machinery market.
- The U.S. dominated the blow molding machine market in North America in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. In terms of CAGR, the U.S. is anticipated to be a highly lucrative country of the blow molding machine market in North America during the forecast period. The U.S. is also among the major consumers of bottled water across the world.
Highly Competitive Blow Molding Machine Market
- The global blow molding machine market is highly competitive. Presence of a large number of unorganized players increases the competition in the market. Several major players are highly focused on new product launches and mergers & acquisitions to consolidate their market share.
- Key players operating in the global blow molding machine market are -
- The Japan Steel Works, Ltd.
- Jomar Corp.
- PARKER PLASTIC MACHINERY CO., LTD
- Jiangsu Victor Machinery CO., Ltd
- GOLFANG Mfg. & Development Co., Ltd.
- SUMA Plastic Machinery Co., ltd
- SuZhou Bestar Blow Molding Technology Co., Ltd.
- Universal Machinery & Services
- BLOW ENTERPRISES
- NISSEI ASB MACHINE CO., LTD.
- Jagmohan Pla-Mach Pvt. Ltd
Blow Molding Machine Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global blow molding machine market in order to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important drivers, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global blow molding machine market in order to identify opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global blow molding machine market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global blow molding machine market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global blow molding machine market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global blow molding machine market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global blow molding machine market, along with key information and competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global blow molding machine market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Blow Molding Machine Market
The report provides detailed information about the global blow molding machine market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating growth of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which segments of the global blow molding machine market would emerge as key revenue generators for the market during the forecast period?
- How are major market players successfully earning revenues in the global blow molding machine market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global blow molding machine market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global blow molding machine market?
Research Methodology – Blow Molding Machine Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global blow molding machine market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global blow molding machine market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales & marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global blow molding machine market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global blow molding machine market.
Blow Molding Machine Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global blow molding machine market based on type, raw material, end-use industry, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global blow molding machine market.