Blood Screening and Typing Market: Introduction
- Blood screening and typing market focuses on screening and analysis of donor blood and patient blood, respectively
- Blood screening is a process of testing the donated blood for various contagious infections or blood-borne infections
- Blood typing, also known as blood grouping, is a process of determining a person’s blood type through a serological test of the blood sample
- Patient blood supply analysis focusses on identifying infectious diseases such as sexually transmitted diseases and blood-borne infections, including sepsis and the tests to be carried out for analysis requires grouping the blood into a particular type
- Donor blood tests involves analyzing blood units received from the donor, which involves testing for infectious diseases, followed by blood grouping tests
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Blood Screening and Typing Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Blood Screening and Typing Market
Increase in voluntary unpaid blood donors
- The global blood screening and typing market is driven by the increase in unpaid blood donations by people voluntarily. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) data published in 2019, the number of blood donations from voluntary unpaid donors increased globally by 11.6 million between 2008 and 2015. Moreover, as per WHO, approximately 78 countries collected over 90% of their blood supply from voluntary unpaid blood donors in the same period. Such instances are driving the global blood screening and typing market.
- Government initiatives to encourage blood donation are augmenting the blood screening and typing market. For instance, the Government of Malaysia offers blood donors free outpatient treatment and hospitalization benefits after every donation. In Poland, after donating blood, a person is awarded an honorary title, along with a medal. In India, the government launched an initiative called E-RaktKosh in 2016, an online mechanism, which enables integration of all blood banks in a state into one network, giving access to information regarding blood camps and blood availability in hospitals throughout the country. Such factors are likely to drive the global blood screening and typing market.
Growing number of trauma cases necessitate blood transfusion
- There is a growing number of road accidents and trauma cases requiring blood transfusion. For instance, as per the WHO global data published in 2018, between 20 and 50 million individuals on an average suffered critical injuries as a result of road accidents annually. Injured individuals need blood transfusion, thus propelling the blood screening and typing market.
North America Dominates Global Blood Screening and Typing Market
- North America is a major market for blood screening and typing due to a large percentage of active voluntary blood donors in the U.S., early availability of advanced technologies, and large penetration of health care services across the region
- Blood screening and typing market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high rate due to increasing awareness among individuals about blood donation, growing spending ability of patients, initiatives and funding by governments of various countries and associations in raising awareness, and developing interest of major companies in emerging countries such as China and India
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Blood Screening and Typing Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global blood screening and typing market is fragmented due to the presence of numerous players in the global market. The demand for blood screening and typing has increased in both emerging and developed countries. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Grifols, S.A.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Quotient, Ltd.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market: Research Scope
- The global blood screening and typing market can be segmented on the basis of technology, product, test type, end-user, and region
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Technology
- Nucleic Acid Test (NAT)
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Rapid Tests
- Western Blot Assay
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Product
- Test Kits
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Test Type
- Antibody Screening
- HLA Typing
- ABO Blood Test
- Cross Matching Test
- Antigen Typing
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by End-user
- Clinical Laboratories
- Blood Banks
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.