Blood Screening and Typing Market: Introduction
- Blood screening and typing market focuses on screening and analysis of donor blood and patient blood, respectively
- Blood screening is a process of testing the donated blood for various contagious infections or blood-borne infections
- Blood typing, also known as blood grouping, is a process of determining a person’s blood type through a serological test of the blood sample
- Patient blood supply analysis focusses on identifying infectious diseases such as sexually transmitted diseases and blood-borne infections, including sepsis and the tests to be carried out for analysis requires grouping the blood into a particular type
- Donor blood tests involves analyzing blood units received from the donor, which involves testing for infectious diseases, followed by blood grouping tests
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Blood Screening and Typing Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Blood Screening and Typing Market
Increase in voluntary unpaid blood donors
- The global blood screening and typing market is driven by the increase in unpaid blood donations by people voluntarily. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) data published in 2019, the number of blood donations from voluntary unpaid donors increased globally by 11.6 million between 2008 and 2015. Moreover, as per WHO, approximately 78 countries collected over 90% of their blood supply from voluntary unpaid blood donors in the same period. Such instances are driving the global blood screening and typing market.
- Government initiatives to encourage blood donation are augmenting the blood screening and typing market. For instance, the Government of Malaysia offers blood donors free outpatient treatment and hospitalization benefits after every donation. In Poland, after donating blood, a person is awarded an honorary title, along with a medal. In India, the government launched an initiative called E-RaktKosh in 2016, an online mechanism, which enables integration of all blood banks in a state into one network, giving access to information regarding blood camps and blood availability in hospitals throughout the country. Such factors are likely to drive the global blood screening and typing market.
Growing number of trauma cases necessitate blood transfusion
- There is a growing number of road accidents and trauma cases requiring blood transfusion. For instance, as per the WHO global data published in 2018, between 20 and 50 million individuals on an average suffered critical injuries as a result of road accidents annually. Injured individuals need blood transfusion, thus propelling the blood screening and typing market.
North America Dominates Global Blood Screening and Typing Market
- North America is a major market for blood screening and typing due to a large percentage of active voluntary blood donors in the U.S., early availability of advanced technologies, and large penetration of health care services across the region
- Blood screening and typing market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high rate due to increasing awareness among individuals about blood donation, growing spending ability of patients, initiatives and funding by governments of various countries and associations in raising awareness, and developing interest of major companies in emerging countries such as China and India
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Blood Screening and Typing Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global blood screening and typing market is fragmented due to the presence of numerous players in the global market. The demand for blood screening and typing has increased in both emerging and developed countries. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Grifols, S.A.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Quotient, Ltd.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market: Research Scope
- The global blood screening and typing market can be segmented on the basis of technology, product, test type, end-user, and region
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Technology
- Nucleic Acid Test (NAT)
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Rapid Tests
- Western Blot Assay
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Product
- Test Kits
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Test Type
- Antibody Screening
- HLA Typing
- ABO Blood Test
- Cross Matching Test
- Antigen Typing
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by End-user
- Clinical Laboratories
- Blood Banks
Global Blood Screening and Typing Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.