Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market: Introduction
According to the Atomic Energy Regulation Board (AERB), self-contained dry source storage gamma irradiators are also known by commercial names such as gamma irradiation chambers (GIC), gamma chambers, blood irradiators (BI), or gamma cells. Gamma irradiation chambers are used in hospitals and blood banks for irradiation of blood and blood products/components, and for clinical and research purposes. Blood irradiator is a type of gamma irradiation chamber. Irradiation of blood & blood products by gamma rays is a proven and safe method to eliminate the risk of post transfusion graft versus host disease. According to the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), the cellular blood components are irradiated prior to transfusion to prevent the proliferation of viable T lymphocytes, which are the immediate cause of transfusion associated-graft versus host disease (TA-GVHD). Gamma irradiation of cellular blood components is the best current technology to reduce the risk of T-GVHD to the recipients as confirmed by research. Therefore, it is being widely practiced world over in hospitals and blood banks as a lifesaving approach to this problem. Blood is usually irradiated in standard blood bags in dedicated blood irradiators using cobalt-60 or caesium-137 radioactive source.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Blood Irradiator Devices Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market
Complications of Blood Transfusion
Complications of blood transfusion are rare, but can be life threatening. Allergic reactions to blood received during a transfusion, even when given the right blood type, can be observed in some patients. In some cases, symptoms can include hives and itching. As in most allergic reactions, this can be treated with antihistamines. All donated blood is thoroughly tested for HIV. There is a 1 in 2 million chance that donated blood will not only carry HIV, but also infect a transfusion recipient. Hepatitis B. The odds of contracting hepatitis B from donated blood is about 1 in 300,000. The risk with hepatitis C is 1 in 1.5 million. According to the World Health Organization, of the 117.4 million blood donations collected globally, 42% are collected in high-income countries, home to 16% of the world’s population.
Increasing adoption of X-ray irradiators
The adoption of X-ray irradiators has reduced the risk significantly. The X-ray irradiators enhances the safety of the blood supply and increased the security of our facilities. The X-ray irradiator has also enabled to increase the performance and reliability. The usage and the adoption in the healthcare drives the market
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global blood irradiator devices market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in incidence of diseases related to blood transfusion and various government initiatives for the development of novel irradiators. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The blood irradiator devices market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of chronic diseases.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Blood Irradiator Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market
The global blood irradiator devices market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global blood irradiator devices market are:
- Best Theratronics
- Rad Source
- JL SHEPHERD & ASSOCIATES
- Shinva Medical
- CIF medical
Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market, by Product Type
- X-ray Blood Irradiators
- Gamma-ray Blood Irradiator
Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market, by End-user
- Blood Banks
- Research Institutions
Global Blood Irradiator Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.