Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market: Introduction
- Bispectral Index (BIS) monitor are anesthesia monitoring devices used to measure the depth of anesthesia that is given to the patients before surgical or medical procedures
- Electroencephalogram (EEG), which measures the electric activity of the brain, is used to measure the depth of anesthesia. The BIS system processes the signal produced by EEG and converts it to a waveform on the BIS monitor.
- The BIS monitor comprises of two components: an electrode that is connected to the monitor and adhesive electrode sensor strip that is placed on patient’s forehead. The BIS monitor calculates the data received by sensor strips and displays the results in numeric values ranging from 0 to 100. Each range of numeric value represents the degree of sedation. Based on the numeric value shown on the BIS monitor, anesthetist modifies the dosage of sedation.
- BIS monitor help prevent either over or under sedation of patients, which is possible with the use of vital sign and subjective sedation scales
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Pressure Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market
- The global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market is primarily driven by significant rise in the number of surgical procedures across the globe. For instance, it is estimated that more than 9 million abdominal and pelvic surgeries in the U.S. and over 30 million abdominal and pelvic surgeries are performed globally every year. Moreover, according to the International Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS), around 23 million cosmetic surgeries (invasive and non-invasive) were performed in 2013 (the number is subjected to 95 ISAPS member countries).
- Rapidly increasing number of patients with chronic disorders requiring mechanical and other forms of ventilation is likely to fuel the usage of BIS monitor during the forecast period
- Technological advancements in BIS monitor, new product development and shift from conventional method of sedation measurement to accurate and precise measurement via BIS monitor are factors that are estimated to drive the global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market monitor during the forecast period.
- BIS monitor do not perform well with nitrous oxide or ketamine. With the use of these drugs, BIS monitor show unchanged values or increased values. This monitor is likely to restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Availability of alternative technologies, such as SNAP EEG monitor system, auditory evoked potential monitor, patient state analyzer 4000, etc., to measure the depth of anesthesia is likely to hamper the growth of the bispectral index (BIS) monitor in the near future
4 Channel Monitor Sub-segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on product type, the global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market can be divided into components and accessories. The components segment can be further classified into 2 channel monitor and 4 channel monitor. The 4 channel monitor sub-segment is anticipated to lead the components segment during the forecast period.
- The accessories segment is further categorized into 4 electrode sensors, bilateral sensors, and others
Hospitals Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and specialty clinics. The hospitals segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Hospitals are potential users of BIS monitor, as majority of surgical procedures are performed in hospitals. The ambulatory surgical centers segment is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market Report
Asia Pacific Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market monitor can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- Rapidly growing orthopedic & spine surgeries, cardiovascular surgeries, and abdominal surgeries, well established healthcare infrastructure, etc. are likely to contribute to the dominant share of North America. Moreover, early adoption of technologically advanced products in health care facilities in the region, growing demand for BIS monitor, and a large base of medical device companies in the region are likely to fuel the growth of the bispectral index (BIS) monitor market monitor in the region during the forecast period.
- Bispectral index (BIS) monitor market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly growing surgical procedures in densely populated countries, such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global bispectral Index (BIS) monitor market is highly consolidated with a few global players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global bispectral index (BIS) monitor market are:
- Medtronic Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Cardinal Health
- Drägerwerk AG
- Heyer Medical AG
- Intersurgical Limited
- Philips Healthcare
Global Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market: Research Scope
Global Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market, by Product Type
- 2 Channel Monitor
- 4 Channel Monitor
- 4 Sensors
- Bilateral Sensors
Global Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Bispectral Index (BIS) Monitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.