BiPAP Machines: Introduction
- BiPAP, also known as bi-level positive airway pressure therapy, is a type of non-invasive ventilation which involves application of pressure while wearing a mask. The mask is connected to a machine that provides pressure.
- BiPAP has two different pressures: expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP) during exhalation and inspiratory positive airway pressure (IPAP) during inhalation. The machine follows natural breathing pattern of the patient, allowing him/her to breath properly, thereby preventing breathing gaps. The machine is easy to transport and lightweight and masks for the device are available in various sizes.
- BiPAP therapy is used to treat sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory diseases
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global BiPAP Machines Market
- Technological advancement and increase in prevalence of sleep apnea, COPD, asthma, and other respiratory diseases drive the global BiPAP machines market
- According to the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) survey, in 2017, nearly 22.9 million adults in the U.S. had asthma and around 16.3 million adults were diagnosed with COPD. The survey also stated that nearly 33.2 million adults had chronic lung diseases.
- Furthermore, increase in burden of COVID-19 and rise in demand for respiratory devices that aid breathing are projected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of BiPAP Machines Market Report
Sleep Apnea Segment to Account for Major Share of Global BiPAP Machines Market
- In terms of Indication, the global BiPAP machines market can be classified into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, asthma, and others
- The sleep apnea segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to increase in number of patients using breathing aid for sleep apnea and rise in demand for non-invasive respiratory devices
- According to the National Healthy Sleep Awareness Project, in 2014, approximately 25 million people had obstructive sleep apnea disorder. Prevalence of sleep apnea is similar to that of asthma and diabetes in the U.S.
Homecare Segment to Gain Prominent Share of Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global BiPAP machines market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and home care
- The home care segment is expected to account for major share of the global BiPAP machines market by 2027. This can be attributed to increase in availability of BiPAP machine for home care.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom BiPAP Machines Market Report
North America to Dominate Global BiPAP Machines Market
- In terms of region, the global BiPAP Machines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global BiPAP Machines market during the forecast period.
- Presence of well-established players offering respiratory care devices and increase in incidence of respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and asthma are anticipated to drive the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global BiPAP Machines Market
The global BiPAP machines market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global BiPAP Machines market include:
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Respro India
Global BiPAP Machines Market: Research Scope
Global BiPAP Machines Market, by Indication
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea
Global BiPAP Machines Market, by Age Group
Global BiPAP Machines Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care
Global BiPAP Machines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.