The procedure of removal of the tissues from the living body to examine the cause or extent of a disease is known as biopsy. Biopsies is said to be the first step in the diagnosis of cancer. They are performed to identify whether the cells are cancerous. There are several kinds of biopsies such as needle biopsy, endoscopic biopsy, skin biopsy, and bone marrow biopsy. Biopsy systems examine the cells and the tissues and aid the physician in the diagnosis of a disease. These are image-guided systems and they are primarily used in the diagnosis of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
The global biopsy systems market is likely to experience robust growth during the forecast period. High prevalence of cancer across the globe is one the major factors likely to drive the market during the forecast period. Breast cancer is the second-most common cancer in the world. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, about 1.7 million new cases of breast cancer were diagnosed in 2012. This factor is estimated to propel the global biopsy systems market during the forecast period. Rising awareness about early diagnosis, demand for less invasive procedures, and availability of advanced biopsy systems are some other factors projected to drive the market from 2018 to 2026. Furthermore, high health care expenditure, increase in geriatric population, demand for accurate diagnostic procedures for cancer, and the emerging trend of minimally invasive surgeries are expected to fuel the global biopsy systems market during the forecast period. However, poor facilities for the diagnosis of cancer in a few developing countries and high cost of biopsy systems are likely to restrain the market during the forecast period.
The global biopsy systems market can be segmented based on biopsy type, image guidance, end-user, and region. In terms of biopsy type, the market can be segmented into breast cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer, and others. The breast cancer segment is expected to hold the highest share of the global market during the forecast period, due to high prevalence of the disease. Based on image guidance, the biopsy systems market can be segmented into X-ray-guided, ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided, and PET-guided. Based on end-user, the market can be divided into emergency care, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment is expected to hold the highest share of the global market during the forecast period, due to increase in the number of hospitals and user convenience.
The biopsy systems market is projected to expand at a significant growth rate across all regions. Geographically, the global biopsy systems market has been divided into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global biopsy systems market, in terms of both value and volume. Developed health care infrastructure, increase prevalence of unhealthy lifestyle, high adoption of biopsy systems, rise in health care expenditure, and high prevalence of cancer in the U.S. are factors attributable to growth of the market in North America. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for biopsy systems during the forecast period, due to rise in geriatric population, increase in health care expenditure, etc. Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly expanding market for biopsy systems during the forecast period, due to factors such as high prevalence of cancer, rising awareness among people about the diagnosis of diseases, high disposable income, and improving health care infrastructure in the region.
In order to maintain a significant position in the global biopsy systems market, key players are adopting strategies such as development of user-friendly and cost-effective products, mergers and acquisitions, extensive R&D activities, and geographical expansion. Some of the prominent players operating in the global biopsy systems market are Hologic, Inc., Siemens Healthineers, C. R. Bard, Inc., and Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.