Biopsy Punches Market: Introduction
Biopsy punch is the technique to remove the round core from the center of a specified area of skin. Skin punch biopsy is necessary to diagnose Kaposi’s sarcoma and other skin lesions of unknown etiology.Biopsy punches perform skin biopsies at various locations, besides the skin on the face or hands, with great precision and minimal tissue trauma. Biopsy technique is used to diagnose accurate results, which include bullous diseases, vasculitis, panniculitis, systemic diseases, such as lupu erythematosus (LE), dermatomyositis(DM), drug reactions, Stevense-Johnson syndrome(SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome (SSSS), hair disorders, and neoplastic disorders. Improper samples and techniques cause limitations in the interpretation of patterns and pigmented lesions of nonmelanoma skin cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Biopsy Punches Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Biopsy Punches Market
Technological advancements in medical devices
- Medical technologies such as minimally-invasive surgeries, better monitoring systems, and more comfortable scanning equipment cause patients to spend less time in recovery
- Adoption of technology in medical equipment and telehealth has also lead to automation in surgeries, where in some cases, physicians do not even need to be present in the operating room with a patient when the surgery is performed
- Consistent evolution of technology that is being applied in healthcare has led to the enactment of rules and regulations concerning its use, which enable the adoption of new methods of administering care
Rapidly rising incidences of cancer and skin disorders
- The incidence rate of melanoma is increasing worldwide, while the associated mortality remains stable, or is declining marginally
- Skin cancer represents a highly common group of malignant neoplasms in the Caucasian population.
Demand for less invasive surgeries
- Minimal invasive surgeries have changed the entire surgical scenario and have impacted the surgical community significantly
- The popularity of the minimal invasive surgeries is not limited to being the alternative of invasive therapies, as it also involves short procedure time, less pain, shorter length of hospital stay, rapid recovery, and less blood loss during treatment
Product Recall Biopsy Punches
- Product recalls by the Food and Drug Administration are likely to hamper the global biopsy punches market. For instance, On March 18, 2013, HealthLink BIOPSY PUNCHES offered by Clorox Healthcare Holdings, LLC were recalled. The reason for the recall was a lack of sterilization.
- On November 17, 2014, PKG, 3MM INSERT, BIOPSY PUNCH, 29CM, P/N 0250282060 offered by Stryker Endoscopy was recalled. The reason for recall was that the parameters provided in the Laparoscopic Manual Instruments Instructions for Use (IFU 1000-401-070 Revision G or prior) do not support the unwrapped gravity cycle and the ethylene oxide cycle sterilization methods.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Biopsy Punches Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Biopsy Punches Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global biopsy punches market. The biopsy punches market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace primarily due to technological advancements in medical devices, rapid rise in incidences of cancer and skin disorders, and demand for less invasive surgeries in the region.
- The biopsy punches market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to preference for minimally invasive procedures in the region
- Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global biopsy punches market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective region. The demand for biopsy punches has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand their market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Leading players operating in the global biopsy punches market include:
- Acuderm Inc.
- Kai Industries Co., Ltd.
- MEDGYN PRODUCTS, INC.
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Sklar Surgical Instruments
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Cadence Inc.
Global Biopsy Punches Market: Research Scope
Global Biopsy Punches Market, by Type
- Reusable Biopsy Punch
- Disposable Biopsy Punch
Global Biopsy Punches Market, by Application
- Cosmetic procedures
Global Biopsy Punches Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Home Settings
Global Biopsy Punches Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.