Biopsy Guidance System Market: Introduction
- Biopsy is a technique to remove a sample of cells or a piece of tissue from body so that it can be examined in a laboratory. It is commonly carried out to diagnose cancer. Biopsy may help identify several other conditions.
- Biopsy guidance systems allow users to target specific areas
- Biopsy guidance system is used in various applications including breast biopsy and brain biopsy
Key Drivers of Global Biopsy Guidance System Market
- The global biopsy guidance system market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer. According to the World Health Organization, cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. Approximately 9.6 million people died due to cancer in 2018 across the globe. About one in six deaths was due to cancer in the same year.
- Increase in awareness about biopsy guidance systems, rise in infrastructure development in the health care sector, impressive reimbursement policies, growth in investment in research & development activities in the health care sector, and increase in number of hospitals and diagnostic centers are expected to drive the demand for biopsy guidance systems during the forecast period.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Biopsy Guidance System Market Report
Stereotactic Guided Biopsy with 2D and 3D Imaging Systems to Expand Significantly
- Based on product type, the global biopsy guidance system market can be divided into stereotactic guided biopsy, ultrasound guided biopsy, and MRI guided biopsy
- The stereotactic guided biopsy segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The segment’s dominance can be ascribed to new product launches with technological advancement and better efficacy such as 2D/3D imaging systems.
Hospitals End-user Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global biopsy guidance system market can be classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, diagnostic centers, and research and academic institutes
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global biopsy guidance system market by 2027. The segment’s dominance can be ascribed to the increase in usage of biopsy guidance system in hospitals across the globe due to technological advancements of biopsy guidance systems and increase in the number of patients with chronic diseases (including cardiovascular diseases).
Asia Pacific Biopsy Guidance System Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global biopsy guidance system market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of cancer and introduction of technologically advanced biopsy guidance systems are expected to drive the biopsy guidance system market in North America
- The biopsy guidance system market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to the large pool of population with chronic disorders in emerging countries including India and China, and rise in government initiatives
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Biopsy Guidance System Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global biopsy guidance system market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of domestic players. Key players operating in the global biopsy guidance system market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- Devicor Medical Products, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ARGON MEDICAL
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- INRAD Inc.
- Cook Medical
- PLANMED OY
Global Biopsy Guidance System Market: Research Scope
Global Biopsy Guidance System Market, by Product Type
- Stereotactic Guided Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsy
- MRI Guided Biopsy
Global Biopsy Guidance System Market, by Application
- Brain Biopsy
- Breast Biopsy
Global Biopsy Guidance System Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research and Academic Institutes
Global Biopsy Guidance System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.