Booming Biopharma Industry in Emerging Countries Propels Global Bioprocess Containers Market
- Bioprocess container is a single-use flexible container utilized for critical sterile liquid-handling applications in the biopharmaceutical industry. These systems are also used to speed up the current biopharmaceutical production process and are helpful in storage, fluid management, and media preparation.
- Bioprocess containers are used in the production of biopharma products. Emerging countries present significant opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry. According to data published in Current Therapeutic Research in 2017, between 2015 and 2020, pharmaceutical sales were higher in emerging countries than in developed countries, with BRIC-MT (Mexico and Turkey) countries ranking first, with a 9.3% increase in sales.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Bioprocess Containers Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bioprocess Containers Market
- Increase in demand for biologics drives the global bioprocess containers market. New biologics are being developed for the treatment of cancer, diabetes, and other serious medical conditions. Investment by biopharmaceutical companies and increase in incidence of chronic diseases are the factors fueling the growth of biologics. Bioprocess container components are readily integrated into various high-performance systems for all steps in the production of biologics. Hence, rise in demand for biologics boosts market growth.
- Vaccine production using single-use disposable technologies is another factor that drives the market in terms of revenue. Single-use technology (SUT) products are widely accepted for the production of vaccines as well as biologics, owing to demonstrated performance and cost- and timesaving benefits. Single-use technology devices offer advantages such as fewer cleaning and sterilization processes, reduced cross-contamination risks, and shorter setup times. Rise in need of vaccine production using single-use technology (SUT) products fuel the growth of the market.
- However, issues related to leachables and extractables are likely to hamper market growth in the near future. Leachables could affect product stability over time, led by changes in its potency caused by altering the product.
2D Bioprocess Containers Segment to Grow at Rapid Pace
- Based on type, the global bioprocess containers market can be divided into: 2D bioprocess containers, 3D bioprocess containers, and other containers & accessories
- 2D bioprocess containers are used frequently in cell harvesting and for the transportation of bulk drug products. This is attributed to significant increase in revenue of the 2D bioprocess containers segment.
Upstream Process to Witness High Demand
- Based on application, the global bioprocess containers market can be classified into process development, upstream process, and downstream process
- The upstream processes segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecasted period. Upstream process is considered the first phase of the bioprocess, from cell line development and cultivation to culture expansion of the cells through harvest. Rise in number of cell researches boosts the growth of the upstream processes segment.
Life Science R&D Companies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on end-user, the global bioprocess containers market can be bifurcated into biopharmaceutical companies and life science R&D companies
- The biopharmaceutical companies segment accounted for major share of the global market in 2018. Emergence of biopharma companies in developing countries is anticipated to drive the segment in the next few years.
- The life science R&D companies segment is expected to gain market share during the forecast period. The segment is likely to expand at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2027. As of March 31, 2019, life science company, Eli Lilly and Company spent 22.4% of its revenue on R&D, as against 21.6% in 2018.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bioprocess Containers Market Report
North America Estimated to Dominate Global Bioprocess Containers Market
- In terms of region, the global bioprocess containers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global bioprocess containers market, followed by Europe, in 2018. Rise in demand for biopharmaceutical products and strong R&D activities drive the market in the region. According to the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations data, R&D intensity by research-based pharmaceutical companies stood at 17.1% in the U.S., 13.3% in Japan, and 13.3% in the European Union in 2015.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period. This is because government support for novel biologics production has triggered R&D activity in the region and investment by various companies to expand their presence and product portfolio. In May 2018, Japan’s largest pharmaceutical company, Takeda, acquired London-listed pharmaceutical company, Shire, in a US$ 62 Bn deal.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global bioprocess containers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Sartorius AG
- GE Healthcare
- Merck KGaA
- Rim Bio
Global Bioprocess Containers Market: Research Scope
Global Bioprocess Containers Market, by Type
- 2D Bioprocess Containers
- 3D Bioprocess Containers
- Other Containers & Accessories
Global Bioprocess Containers Market, by Application
- Upstream Processes
- Downstream Processes
- Process Development
Global Bioprocess Containers Market, by End-user
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Life Science R&D Companies
Global Bioprocess Containers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.