Global Biomimetic Technology Market: Introduction
Biomimetic consists of human-made processes, substances, devices, or systems that are replica of nature. The art and science of designing and building biomimetic apparatus is also known as biomimicry because it mimics biological systems. The applications of biomimetic include nanorobot antibodies that seek and destroy disease-causing bacteria, artificial organs, artificial arms, legs, hands, and feet, and various electronic devices. For instance, the kingfisher bird was the model for the engineers in Japan for designing high-speed bullet trains to reduce the massive amount of noise created by the displacement of air ahead of the train. The design team found out the fault which was in the design of blunt front nose cap. Kingfisher birds have a special structural beak allowing them to dive into water to hunt while making a minimal splash. According to Designtechnica Corporation, after applying the idea of Kingfisher’s beak, the next generation 500 series trains were 10% faster, consumed 15% less electricity, and did not make noise in the tunnel.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Biomimetic Technology Market
Advancements in Nanotechnology
Biomimetic research is being advanced by nanotechnology, a new wave of biomimetic is being extended to the imitation of animals. Applications of biomimetic in biomedical engineering have potential to significantly impact and create abundant value for human society in the future. Protein functionalized nanoparticles, peptide functionalized gold nanoparticles, and carbohydrate functionalized nanoparticles are areas of nanotechnology that are finding biomimetic applications. The applications of nanotechnology in biomimetic are expected to drive the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Tissue Engineering
Tissue engineering evolved from the field of biomaterials development and refers to the practice of combining scaffolds, cells, and biologically active molecules into functional tissues. Regenerative medicine is a broad field that includes tissue engineering but also incorporates research on self-healing – where the body uses its own systems, sometimes with help foreign biological material to recreate cells and rebuild tissues and organs. Tissue engineering and regenerative medicines together are expected to drive the market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Biomimetic Technology Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global biomimetic technology market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The biomimetic technology market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of uses of nanotechnology.
Key Players Operating in Global Biomimetic Technology Market
The global biomimetic technology market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global biomimetic technology market include:
- AeroVironment, Inc.
- Biomimetics Technology Inc.
- Chas. A. Blatchford & Sons Ltd
- Hstar Technologies
- Syntouch LLC
- Veryan Medical
- Wright Medical Group Inc.
Global Biomimetic Technology Market: Research Scope
Global Biomimetic Technology Market, by Product Type
- Mechanical Bionics
- Molecular Bionics
- Energy Bionics
- Information and Control Bionics
Global Biomimetic Technology Market, by Application
- Drug Delivery
- Tissue Engineering
- Wound Healing
- Search and Rescue
- Underwater Research
- Security and Safety
- Traffic Monitoring
Global Biomimetic Technology Market, by End-user
- Research and Academic Institutes
- Biotechnology companies
- Medical Industry
- Artificial Intelligence
Global Biomimetic Technology Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.