Bioidentical Hormones Market: Introduction
- Hormones in the body are mainly responsible for controlling various functions, from metabolism of food to sexual desire. Change is hormonal levels happens over time, especially among women approaching menopause. In men, hormonal changes are observed after the age of 40.
- Hormone replacement therapy is commonly used to balance estrogen and progesterone in women
- Bioidentical hormones are nothing but man-made hormones that are similar to the hormones produced naturally in the body. These hormones are used to treat low or out of balance hormonal levels among men and women. Commonly matched hormones are testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone.
- Bioidentical hormones are used for various indications such as vaginal dryness, pain during sex, night sweats, loss of interest in sex, and sleeping problems
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Bioidentical Hormones Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bioidentical Hormones Market
- Increase in awareness about hormonal deficiency, rise in focus on women health care & treatment of hormonal imbalances among women, and growing acceptance of bioidentical hormones replacement therapy primarily drive the global bioidentical hormones market
- Additionally, rise in number of screening tests, increase in geriatric population, lifestyle changes, increased stress & work pressure, irregular eating habits, and lack of exercise are expected to fuel the global bioidentical hormones market during the forecast period
- On the other hand, safety issues related to the use of compound bioidentical hormones is likely to restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period
Estrogen Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Bioidentical Hormones Market
- Based on type, the global bioidentical hormones market can be classified into estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, combined hormones, and others
- The estrogen segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to increase in number of research studies related to estrogen; rise in obesity and related health issues influencing estrogen levels among women; and growing concerns regarding mental & physical health of women
Tablets & Capsules Segment to Gain Major Share of Global Bioidentical Hormones Market
- Based on product, the global bioidentical hormones market can be classified into tablets & capsules, creams & gels, injectables, patches & implants, and others
- Tables & capsules segment is projected to gain market share between 2019 and 2027, due to ease of administration and high preference of tablets & capsules among patients
Online Pharmacies Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global bioidentical hormones market can be segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The online pharmacies segment is expected to gain significant share of share the global bioidentical hormones market by 2027. Increase in availability of bioidentical hormone products at online pharmacies and rise in awareness about online pharmacies in emerging countries in Asia Pacific are projected to promote growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bioidentical Hormones Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Bioidentical Hormones Market
- In terms of region, the global bioidentical hormones market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global bioidentical hormones market during the forecast period.
- Recent product approvals by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), growing demand for new therapies, extensive research & development activities, and presence of prominent market players are expected to drive the market in North America during the forecast period
- In February 208, the FDA approved bioidentical estradiol and progesterone capsules “Bijuva”, manufactured by TherapeuticsMD, Inc.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global bioidentical hormones market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for a major market share. Key players operating in the global bioidentical hormones market are:
- Novo Nordisk
- Noven Therapeutics, LLC.
- TherapeuticsMD, Inc.
- United Pharmacy, LLC
- BioTE Medical
- Bravado Labs
- Neuva Aesthetics
Global Bioidentical Hormones Market: Research Scope
Global Bioidentical Hormones Market, by Type
- Combined Hormones
Global Bioidentical Hormones Market, by Product
- Tablets & Capsules
- Creams & Gels
- Patches & Implants
Global Bioidentical Hormones Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Bioidentical Hormones Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.