Biohazard Bags Market: Introduction
- Biohazard bags are designed to collect biomedical waste. Biomedical waste includes microbial, animal, pathological waste and human bodily fluids, which needs to be disposed properly. Special care must be taken while disposing sharp waste such as IV tubes, needles, glass slides, etc., which can cause injuries during handling and lead to infections. Biohazard bags also prevents contamination of samples and protects the person handling the sample.
- Biohazard bags can be made of polypropylene, polyethylene, plastic, and other material. These type of bags are utilized to collect waste related to healthcare, chemical & pharmaceutical, infection, and others. Depending on the medical waste, biohazard bags can be classified into yellow and red color.
Key Drivers of Global Biohazard Bags Market
- Change in regulatory guideline for proper collection and disposable of medical waste is likely to drive the biohazard bags market during the forecast period. The CDC has formulated special guidelines to ensure the safety of healthcare professionals for effective handling of medical waste. The guidelines suggest that hazardous bags must be tied properly and filled only 1/3rd of the capacity of the bag in order to prevent leakage during transportation.
- Demand for biohazard bags is increasing in developing countries due to a rise in patient population, an increase in number of hospital beds, a rise in number of diagnostic test, and surge in awareness about medical waste management
- Lack of awareness about safe disposal methods of biohazard bags in developing countries such as China, India, and those in Africa is likely to restrain the market
Polypropylene Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on material, the global biohazard bags market can be segmented into polypropylene, low-density polyethylene, cellophane, and high-density polyethylene
- The polypropylene segment accounted for a prominent share of the global biohazard bags market in 2019. This segment is expected to dominate the biohazard bags market due to an increase in the use of polypropylene for manufacturing of biohazard bags. Moreover, polypropylene biohazard bags are lightweight and less expensive, which is likely to drive the segment.
Infectious Waste Segment to Expand Significantly
- In terms of application, the global biohazard bags market can be divided into infectious waste, chemical and pharmaceutical waste, general healthcare waste, and other wastes
- In terms of revenue, the infectious waste segment accounted for a major share of the global market in 2019. The segment is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to an increase in incidence of infectious diseases. Infectious waste includes post-surgical blood infected swabs, patient mucous swab/dressing waste, and other general infectious waste.
Hospitals Segment to be Highly Promising
- In terms of end-user, the global biohazard bags market can be divided into hospitals, diagnostics laboratories, and others. In terms of revenue, the hospitals segment accounted for a prominent share of the global market in 2019. The segment is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to an increase in the number of surgical procedure carried out in hospitals, where biohazard bags are used to collect and dispose blood samples along with other infectious waste.
- Increase in volume of medical waste generated per hospital is likely to drive the segment. For instance, according to World Health Organization (WHO), 0.2 kg of hazardous waste is generated per hospital bed generated in low-income countries, while each hospital bed generates 0.5 kg of hazardous waste in high-income countries.
North America to Dominate Global Biohazard Bags Market
- In terms of region, the global biohazard bags market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global biohazard bags market in 2019. It is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to an increase in incidence of infectious diseases, high adult population, presence of major market players, and highly developed healthcare sector in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a highest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in adoption of new products, rise in number of hospitals with beds and a surge in the demand for biohazard bags in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global biohazard bags market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bel-Art SP Scienceware
- Dynalab Corp.
- Heathrow Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- International Plastics Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Desco Medical India
Biohazard Bags Market: Research Scope
Biohazard Bags Market, by Material
- Low-density Polyethylene
- High-density Polyethylene
Biohazard Bags Market, by Application
- Infectious Waste
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Waste
- General Healthcare Waste
- Other Wastes
Biohazard Bags Market, by End-user
- Diagnostics Laboratories
Biohazard Bags Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.