- Bioethanol is ethanol that is produced by processing biological matter. This biological matter consists of either waste products or specifically grown crops.
- Bioethanol could replace fossil fuel in automobile and power industries, as the emissions produced by burning of ethanol are less volatile. Consequently, numerous companies are presently investing in the bioethanol market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bioethanol Market
- Energy security has been a major concern around the world for the last few years. Countries are focusing on energy security, as the demand for energy has been increasing significantly for the last few years due to robust economic expansion, population growth, increase in income of consumers, and discovery of new uses of energy. Crude oil is still the leading natural resource preferred by the automotive industry. Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America are leading importers of crude oil globally. However, countries could use bioethanol as a substitute for crude oil, which would reduce the dependency on crude oil. Hence, increase in focus on enhancing energy security is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the global bioethanol oil market.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emission and greenhouse gases is another key factor driving the bioethanol market. This has encouraged companies to focus on better, cleaner, and inexpensive fuel. Bioethanol is a cleaner and cost-effective solution.
- Increase in use of electrical vehicles is anticipated to restrain the market in the near future. Sales of e-vehicles have been increasing for the last few years, and this trend is expected to remain the same during the forecast period. This would lead to lower consumption of fossil fuel and bioethanol fuel. Thus the increase in the use of electrical vehicles is anticipated to restrain the bioethanol market in near future.
Global Bioethanol Market: Segmentation
- The global bioethanol market can be segmented based on source, fuel blend, and end-user
- In terms of source, the global bioethanol market can be classified into wheat, sugar, beet, corn, straw, wood, and other. The production of bioethanol from sugar and corn is expected to witness higher demand from end-users during the forecast period.
- Based on fuel blend, the global bioethanol market can be bifurcated into power E5, E10, E15, E70, E75, E85, and other. Demand for bioethanol is estimated to increase in the E10 segment due to higher use in the automobile industry.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be split into automobile, power generation, petrochemical, and others. The automobile segment is expected to lead the market due to regulations enacted by governments on the use 10% bioethanol in vehicles. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global Bioethanol Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global bioethanol market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global bioethanol market in 2019. The region is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to government regulations to lower carbon emission and the presence of a large number of manufacturing companies in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to rapid increase in investment in the manufacture of bioethanol in countries such as China, India, Brazil, and Mexico.
- Europe is estimated to be a key region of the global bioethanol market in the near future. Governments in of countries in Europe are promoting the use of bioethanol in automobiles, which in turn is anticipated to propel the market in the region during forecast period.
- The bioethanol market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Rise in investments in the production of bio-based energy is expected to drive the bioethanol market in the region in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on Bioethanol Market
- COVID-19 spared all across the globe within a short period of time and affected the automobile and power industries worldwide. Demand for bioethanol was hampered initially due to the lockdown. However, relaxation of the lockdown is boost the demand for bioethanol again. Therefore, COVID-19 marginally affected the global bioethanol market.
Key Players Operating in Global Bioethanol Market
- bp p.l.c.
- BlueFire Renewables, Inc
- CropEnergies AG
- POET, LLC.
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
Global Bioethanol Market: Research Scope
Global Bioethanol Market, by Feedstock
- Sugar Beet
Global Bioethanol Market, by Fuel Blend
Global Bioethanol Market, by End-user
- Power Generation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.