Bioengineered Stents: Introduction
- Stents are small expandable tubes, which are used in treating weakened or narrowed arteries and other lumens in the body. In patients suffering from coronary artery disease (CAD), stents are used for opening narrowed arteries, thereby reducing symptoms, such as chest pain, or for treating a heart attack.
- Bioengineered stent is also called antibody-coated stent. This type of stent is different from Drug Eluting Stent (DES), as it does not contain a polymer and does not use a drug. Thus, it helps for speeding up the cell lining of the artery (endothelialization), which promote natural healing.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bioengineered Stents Market
- There is an increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, such as coronary heart disease and ischemic heart disease. According to the American Heart Association, between 2013 and 2016, 121.5 million U.S. adults had some form of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, between 2014 and 2015, direct and indirect costs of total cardiovascular diseases and stroke were recorded at US$ 351.2 Bn.
- Rise in hospital admissions for cardiovascular disorders, along with enhanced bioengineered technology expansion in the stent industry globally is boosting the global bioengineered stents market
- Percutaneous coronary intervention has revolutionized the coronary artery disease treatment. Consecutive improvements in implantation techniques and stent design and materials in combination with dual antiplatelet therapy have resulted in improved stent safety, thus driving the global bioengineered stents market.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Bioengineered Stents Market Report from this Brochure
Key Restraints of Global Bioengineered Stents Market
- Availability of pharmaceutical therapies for cardiovascular disease management is anticipated to hinder the growth of the global bioengineered stents market. For instance, according to the American College of Cardiology (ACC), the number of people undergoing pharmaceutical treatment was anticipated to increase by 13.9 million in the U.S. in 2017.
- High cost of bioengineered stents can hinder market
Strategic Developments and Emerging Economies to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global bioengineered stents market are focusing on meeting the needs of medical communities and patient population by developing novel therapies. Several players are also investing in developing advanced bioengineered stents platforms, strengthening market position through acquisitions, mergers, partnerships, etc.
- In July 2018, Terumo Corporation announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Essen Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., a China-based medical device company. Essen Technology is a specialized enterprise of drug-eluting stents (DES).
- In May 2015, Abbott announced that it had received CE Mark for the latest advancement of its Absorb stent system, called Absorb GT1, which combined the fully dissolving stent with a next-generation delivery catheter to help doctors treat people with heart disease
- Emerging economies provide lucrative opportunities in the global bioengineered stents market, as there is an increase in the number of patient population and initiatives by governments in the health care sector
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Bioengineered Stents Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global bioengineered stents market due to increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, rise in surgical procedures, and presence of key players in the region
- The bioengineered stents market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in patient population, increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, initiatives by governments in the health care sector, and interest of key players in expanding into the Asia Pacific region. According to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Japan Patients Survey in 2014, an estimated 1.73 million people in Japan (population: 127 million) suffered from heart disease.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bioengineered Stents Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key players in the global bioengineered stents market are focusing on research and development activities. Companies are adopting various growth strategies, including mergers & acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches and approvals, partnerships, collaborations, etc. Leading players operating in the global bioengineered stents market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- ORBUSNEICH MEDICAL
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Terumo Corporation
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation
- STENTYS SA
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Vascular Concept
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- ENDOLOGIX, INC.
Global Bioengineered Stents Market: Research Scope
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by Application
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by Product Type
- Drug-eluting Stents
- Bioabsorbable Stents
- Drug-eluting Balloons
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by Mode of Delivery
- Balloon-expandable Stents
- Self-expanding Stents
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by Material Type
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Bioengineered Stents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.