Binswanger’s Disease: Introduction
- Binswanger disease is a progressive neurological disorder caused due to slow or obstructive supply of blood to the deep structures of the brain. The disease is caused by arteriosclerosis, thromboembolism, and other diseases that affect the blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the white-matter and basal ganglia and thalamus in the brain.
- Some of the most common signs and symptoms of Binswanger’s disease are memory loss, depression, inactiveness, apathy, and inability to act or make decisions (abulic). The patient progressively becomes socially withdrawn and exhibit poor judgement with reduced organizational skills. Moreover, the patient experiences difficulty with speech, swallowing (dysphagia), and urinary incontinence. Some patients also exhibit symptoms similar to other neurodegenerative diseases, for instance, symptoms of Parkinson’s such as slowness and poor balance.
- Several Binswanger’s disease patients have a history of strokes or transient ischemic attacks. Therefore, the signs and symptoms of this disease develop in a stepwise fashion; in contrast to the insidious, gradually progressive course of neurodegenerative diseases.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market
- Binswanger’s disease is an age-progressive disease that occurs in individuals aged 50 years or older. Rise in global geriatric population is estimated to fuel the Binswanger’s disease treatment market at a steep pace during the forecast period.
- The geriatric population is increasing rapidly. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. Aging increases the need for health care, as it renders people prone to cardiovascular diseases, such as coronary heart disease; respiratory diseases, such as TB and pneumonia; dental caries and oral cancer; and orthopedic conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Most developed countries have high geriatric population. According to the WHO, the geriatric population is expected to rise at a rapid pace in developed countries such as the U.S., the U.K., and Japan.
- Access to various diagnostic and treatment services has improved due to favorable health care policies and the advancement in health care facilities in countries such as the U.S., Japan, the U.K., and other countries in Western Europe, which, in turn, has increased life expectancy of the population. Increase in geriatric population is anticipated to propel the Binswanger’s disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- However, lack of disease awareness leading to slow or late diagnosis of patients in developing and under-developed countries is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global Binswanger’s disease treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, end-user, and region
- On the basis of treatment type, the market can be segmented into anti-hypertensive drugs, statins, anti-platelet drugs, anti-depressants, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global Binswanger’s disease treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market” here
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market
- The global Binswanger’s disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Prevalence of diseases such as diabetes and neurological disorders has increased due to rising geriatric population and changing lifestyle in developing economies. This is contributing to the growth of the Binswanger’s disease treatment market. Moreover, adoption of advanced diagnostic measures is increasing in developing regions, thereby providing growth opportunities to the global Binswanger’s disease treatment market.
Key Players Operating in Market
Leading players operating in the global Binswanger’s disease treatment market include:
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Anti-Hypertensive Drugs
- Anti-platelet Drugs
Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market, by End-user
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Binswanger’s Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.