Expansion in Emerging Economies in Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Opportunities to Biliary Catheters Market
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for biliary catheters. Technological advancements and improving health care infrastructure are expected to drive the market in the region.
- Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to medical tourism and advancements in health care infrastructure
- Rise in incidence of biliary diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, and easy access to health care facilities drive the market in Asia Pacific
- High health care expenditure as a percentage of overall GDP, maximum population covered under national health insurance program, and adoption of innovative technologies for minimally invasive surgeries are projected to boost the biliary catheters market in countries in Asia Pacific such as Japan and China
- Prevalence of diabetes and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) in Asia Pacific is high because of lack of developed infrastructure, unhealthy habits, and a large population base. This has created a large patient pool in the region. Additionally, government policies including reimbursements are not uniform and under-established. Hence, the market has potential, but is growing at a slower rate.
- Brazil is the largest medical device manufacturer in Latin America. Furthermore, as per the studies, the country is projected to be one of the top five manufacturers of medical devices in the world by 2020.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Biliary Catheters Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Biliary Catheters Market
- Advancement in catheters is driving the biliary catheters market, which aims to reduce the 2 million infections contracted by hospital patients each year. Globally, manufacturers are developing innovative catheter products, as new applications open up.
- Life expectancy of people has increased in the last decade. Hence, number of people above reproducible age is very high. Immune system of a person weakens with age. Therefore, rise in aging population has led to high probability of contracting diseases in this age group. This, in turn, drives the biliary catheters market.
- Biliary catheters are used on a large scale. However, no reimbursement policies are available concerning these devices. This is a matter of concern, especially, in the developing countries, where a large patient pool cannot afford these devices. Lack of reimbursement policies for biliary catheters directly affects the sales of the product and hence restrains the market.
Biliary Drainage Catheters Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on type, the global biliary catheters market can be divided into all-purpose drainage, all-purpose drainage sump catheter, biliary drainage catheter, and others
- Rise in geriatric population with biliary obstructions caused due to nephrolithiasis, tumor, or end-stage renal disease is expected to drive the biliary drainage catheters segment
- According to the WHO, geriatric population in the world is likely to reach 2 billion (22% of the global population) by 2050 as compared to 617 million in 2015
Hospitals Dominated Biliary Catheters Market
- Based on end-user, the global biliary catheters market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, and others
- Growth of the segment can be attributable to increased usage of biliary catheters due to rise in number of hospitalized patients
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Biliary Catheters Market Report
North America to Lead Global Biliary Catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global biliary catheters market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The U.S. dominates the market in North America due to high awareness, significant health care spending in the overall national budget, early availability of advanced technologies, and high penetration of research activities across the country
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global biliary catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Medtronic plc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Johnson & Johnson
- Cook Group Incorporated
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
Global Biliary Catheters Market, by Type
- All-purpose Drainage
- All-purpose Drainage Sump Catheter
- Biliary Drainage Catheter
Global Biliary Catheters Market, by End-users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dialysis Centers
Global Biliary Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.